“Clean and Professional”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
Cork, Ireland
“Clean and Professional”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed here for one night in April 2012. The hotel is located right next to a Luas stop (Central Park) which is very handy for going into and out of town. We got a taxi back to the hotel one night from the City Center and it was €20. The Air Coach also stops outside which is useful for airport trips.

In terms of the hotel itself, Staff are pleasant and professional, The foyer and public areas were very clean. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The reception of the TV was absolutely terrible. Only two (out of 10ish) channels were actually watchable where as the rest were just total static. Included in our room price was a continental breakfast which would usually cost €10 per person. I cant recommend against this breakfast enough. It was AWFUL! We got 2 scones, 2 croissants, a pot of tea and 2 bowls of cereal. It was a disgrace (imagine paying €20 for that). I would have refused to pay for it if it wasnt included in the room price.

I paid €57 total for 1 night B&B. Bewleys Leopardstown is worth that but i wouldnt be paying more than €80, its just not worth it and there are other hotels (closer to the city) that are nicer.

Room Tip: Do not purcahse the continental breakfast. €10 per person for a croissant, a scone and a cup of tea...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I am delighted that our high standards were met on your recent stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Colm
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Hotel is spacious, clean and tidy, staff are generally helpful and friendly. Rooms are of an average standard, well maintained and comfortable.
This is not a hotel I would personally choose for a relaxing getaway or vacation but for a quick over night stay or business trip it is perfect.
The hotel is easy to find and in walking distance from the luas line if you would like to leave your car behind.
The Hotel is fairly priced for what you receive therefore on reading 1 or 2 other reviews left by previous visitors to the Hotel I feel as if they were expecting the Four Seasons at much reduce prices.
The only fault that I found was on my most recent stay on check-in. I arrived at around 2:30am where there was a young gentleman behind the reception desk who I am assuming is a night porter. I found his manner extremely off-putting. He was most arrogant and cheeky which I do not appreciate from anyone, especially one who chooses to work in a customer service environment. However I have never come across this type of ignorance in other staff members as I must say anyone I have meet previously to this have been very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here in Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights on business. Check in staff were very friendly and my room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was disappointing - service was similar to a supermarket canteen with each item being individually priced and a cashier totting up the total on the till at the end of the counter - weird! Why not just charge a set price like every other hotel I've visited?
Ate in the restaurant twice and the food was very good and the service polite and friendly, a complete contrast to breakfast.
I'm not familiar with the area of Leopardstown, but the hotel appears to be situated in the middle of a business park with very few shops or pubs in the surrounding area. There is a tram stop 2 min walk away and the journey to the hotel from the airport took about an hour on a airport bus which drops you right at the hotel front door (€9.00).
If I had to visit again on business I would definitely use this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Linda F, Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 30 January 2016
Dear Valued guest ,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to announce that we are now a Clayton Hotel . Should you wish to book again , please contact us at reservations.leopardstown@claytonhotels.com and we would be delighted to assist with your reservation.
Warm Regards,
Linda Folan,
Operations Manager
Gargunnock
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed here on a recent trip to Dublin because I was working in Leopardstown. I checked out after one night. It was really clear that I was an inconvenience to the maitre-d. My crime was to ask for a table in (almost empty) restaurant. I was sent packing because the kitchen was rushed off its feet. The barman took pity on me and suggested room service. My food arrived 15 minutes later so what was all the fuss about? The room was very stuffy, the aircon very loud and I had very little sleep. Typical of a low/mid tier chain geared up to processing business travellers.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay in Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
It was with regret that I read that our usual high standards were not met on this occassion.
I would welcome the oppurtunity to discuss these issues with you. Should you wish to do so please feel free to contact me on colm.murphy@bewleyshotels.com .

Colm

Travellers are raving about these Leopardstown hotels

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 5 April 2012

stayed here for one night with my wife and daughter.reception staff not very friendly.a smile and hello goes a long way.room was good.had an evening meal.the restaurent was not busy so one would expect a goods meal.this was not the case and over priced for what it was as where the wines on offer.the breakfast was no better.full of fat.if they look after the small things this would be a nice place to stay.good location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank patrick355
Dear Valued guest ,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
Warm Regards,
Linda Folan,
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leopardstown
1.2 km away
4.3 km away
Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa
Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa
#2 of 5 in Dun Laoghaire

Been to Clayton Hotel Leopardstown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK