All reviews honesty bar boutique hotel scones stunning views fantastic food lounge area didn't disappoint full irish donegal bay first class stayed longer out of this world comfy bed irish hospitality yogurt wild atlantic way porridge
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Castle Murray, near Donegal, is a bed and breakfast that is unlike any other I've visited in Ireland. The house is charming and has a panoramic view that includes pastures a quiet bay, and mountains. The house is charming, the rooms are cozy and comfortable, and the breakfast -- especially the scones -- is excellent.

If that were all, I would have considered it to be a delightful place to stay. What bumps it from "delightful" to "superb" is (1) the full restaurant service they offer a few evenings a week and (2) the staff.

The Castle Murray dinner menu is short is built around fresh, locally sourced vegetables, meat, and seafood. I was part of group of three and everything we ordered was excellent.

As to the staff, all I can say is thanks for your hospitality and attention to detail. I said as I was leaving that I suspected it would be my favorite spot on an 8-day trip. It was indeed.

Date of stay: May 2018
castlemurray, Owner at Castle Murray House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

We are so delighted to read your super review from you stay in Castle Murray House, it means so much to us and for you to say it was your favourite place in Ireland well that is the icing on the cake!!

Glad you got to experience our evening food offering just local food form the land and sea cooked with love 2 nights a week.
We hope you can return one day where a warm welcome will awaits you.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Great place with a magnificent setting. Wonderful rooms, very good fine dining food. Convenient location for touring around. Very frinedly and efficient staff. Perhasp the only downside was the erratic wifi, which for me was important to be in touch with our business back home.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
castlemurray, Owner at Castle Murray House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you so much for the great review. Glad you enjoyed Peters cooking.Again so sorry about the wifi its is a real pain that our rural location effects the wifi we are hoping this year they will provide us with high speed connection.
Hope see you back soon when you fine your dream cottage.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had been looking forward to a return visit to Castle Murray for ages and it didn't disappoint! We've been so often it feels like home from home , especially the welcome we get from Marguerite and Peter . We were looked after so well. Rooms so clean and comfortable. Food is the best we've had anywhere . Hospitality excellence is all we can say , except of course , thank you and we'll be back!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Jenny & Gary for your lovely comments ,its means so much to us to have loyal customers that we can call our friends return year on year to supports us.

Delighted to read even with our changes to the business that you both still love what we have to offer.

Again thank you and hopefully see you both soon

Warm Regards

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Everything, from the initial telephone call to make the booking, was great. Marguerite and Peter made the weekend special. Dinner and breakfast were exceptional and included home grown vegetables, foraged wild mushrooms and the best of seafood and local produce. We had our dog with us, and we had a pet-friendly room - not easy to find elsewhere - with a spectacular sea view. All in all, our short visit to Donegal could not have been better and we will be back!

Room tip: Go for a room with a sea view
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank F2068SMjimd

Thank you for your kind comments we really appreciate it. We are delighted you enjoy our food experience we take pride in the ingredients we grow, forage and buy locally form the fishermen and framer.

We hope to welcome you back with your beloved dog soon .

Warm regards

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We went to a yoga weekend at Castle Murray, the venue was so beautiful with views of the Sea from every window. The accommodation was perfect as again every room had sea views, the hospitality was second to none, the staff were really helpful and so pleasant, the owners were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. and the food!!! Well all I can say is it was all fresh and locally sourced, or home grown and the tastes and presentation were excellent. I can honestly say it is a very long time from I have eaten that quality of food.
The yoga was run by Lynda Gregg who is an excellent yoga teacher and we all had an excellent yoga experience. The weekend was superb, and I would recommend to stay here wholeheartedly and it’s a place you will keep returning to and if you are lucky enough to book a yoga course that Lynda is running, you would enjoy it so much. Thank you to castle Murray and Lynda for making my weekend so memorable and book me in for the next yoga weekend please!!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you taking your time to write the review.

It was a pleasure to host the yoga weekend at Castle Murray House it really is the perfect venue for a group to relax, switch off, savour the amazing local produce that peter cooks while getting lost in the spectacular view that surrounds us.

Kind Regards