“Amanda at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park - Knoxville”

Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 15 October 2017

As frequent travelers, my family and I almost always stay at Holiday Inn or IHG hotels in the US and Europe. Most of the time our stays are very positive. However, occasionally there are problems. We encountered a problem with our air conditioning unit at the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville when we were in town for the UT - USC game. Not only did Amanda arrange for us to change rooms, she personally moved all of our baggage to our new room while we went to the game. After we returned, we found she had installed a refrigerator stocked with bottled water in our new room. Amanda took a potentially negative situation and turned into a very positive and memorable stay for our family. We will be back! Thank you, Amanda!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Renee B

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your review was most complimentary of Amanda and we wanted to thank you for acknowledging her. Please know we celebrated Amanda's review in our "Be the Difference" story for the day as it's a perfect example of how one person can make a difference. Glad to hear we made things right and we were able to resolve a problem and turm a sour experience into something memorable. Thats what true ospitality is all about.

We appreciated you staying with us and hope we see you back in the not too distant future

Sincerely

Jan McCormick

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I booked this room for Brewer's Jam and the location was perfect. I must say the best thing about this spot was the convenience of the location and the comfort of the rooms. The bedding was so soft and the pillows were very comfortable, they even had a menu of pillows you could look at and choose from if you wished. Market Square and the World's Fair Park are in walking distance of the hotel, so transportation isn't a must if you're okay with getting your steps in.

However, I was severely disappointed in the cleanliness of the room overall. The nightstand was very dusty and my mom got stuck in the foot by a weird staple-looking thing. I'm not sure why it was on the floor in the first place. The staff was pleasant but overall unhelpful and unaccommodating, not out of rudeness but perhaps lack of thoughtfulness? I first noticed this when I came in a little early and asked about a possible check-in before 3 (their check-in time); the young lady at the counter said their was no clean inventory but asked if I'd be leaving my car there. I said I would, and she gave me a card to put on the dashboard. No big deal right? It wasn't until I came back to check-in with another gentleman that I found out I'd be paying for parking after he asked if I left my car in their garage. Why wouldn't she tell me at the front end? Maybe she assumed that I knew parking was a fee or forgot to mention? Having not had to pay for parking at any hotel I've stayed at before, this came as quite a surprise, and I do shoulder some of the blame for not researching this beforehand. In the future, I hope their employees make their customers aware of certain fees that could apply before checking in. The parking fee seemed even more superfluous when I left the garage the next morning and the guard neither acknowledged nor collected the parking pass I had upon exiting.

I decided not the eat there though I had paid for it in my room rate. I simply asked upon checkout if I could be reimbursed for the charge, and the lady at the desk gave me back $10... While I didn't get a full breakdown of the rate on my receipt I seriously doubt the "breakfast package" amounted to $10 overall for two adults when the average price on their menu for one dish is just that.

Overall, this is a very great spot for those wanting a convenient spot to get to World's Fair Park. The service and stay was average.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Kae

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to clarify some of the issues that you brought forth. First of all, we owe you an apology for the condition you found your room in. We typically get high marks for our housekeeping and when we mess up, we want to address it immediately. I hope you mentioned it to our staff so we could rectify the problem.

As far as our parking fee is concerned, we understand it can be surprise , especially to those who are not used to staying in downtown locations. The agent who suggested you leave your car in the 15minute waiting until your room was ready was trying to be of assistance. She should have explained that there would be no charge for this but we do have a nightly charge for parking. Answering your question about breakfast...when you purchase a breakfast package you get a discount from the regular price of $13.95...that's why you were given back $10 (this is what you paid)

We appreciate you staying with us and I hope you'll consider staying with us again the next time your travel plans take you to Knoxville

Warm regards

janMcCormick

Reviewed 9 October 2017

The rooms and service were excellant. The Resturant the Food was A+ The service was great. Varnell was an excellant waiter. Wish you would open Earlier especially on Saturdays. At least at 6:00am 6 days a week.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear William L

Thank you for your review and kind words about our facility and staff. Appreciate you
reogniziing Varnell for his service...he's been a favoite of many of our guests over the years. Sounds like you're an early riser...we typically do no see anyone in our restaurants earlier than 7am, but your review will prompt further review.

Want to thank you for staying with us

Sincerely

JanMcCormick
GeneralManager

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

First time visit in Knoxville TN. This hotel exceeded all my expectations. We understood early check-in was impossible due to the VOLS game but not a problem. We were greeted by Amanda Gannello at the front desk. She not only assured check-in by 3, she helped us with our luggage and escorted us to our room. Everyone in the hotel made us feel right at home. We will definitely return! THANK YOU AMANDA!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed here for a large business meeting for a week, The facility was nice and helpful but due to the large number of people the parking was not very user friendly and the rules didn't seem to pertain to some

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Benjamin B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

I'm glad to hear that your experience with the hotel was mostly positive. I am sorry that the rules for our parking deck seemed to make little sense to you. If there are any questions that I can answer for you, please feel free to reach out to me.

Ben Blanton