All reviewsconvention centermarket squarefree shuttlesun spherehotel restaurantfair parkshuttle servicebreakfast buffetexecutive floorparking feestreet noiseut campuswithin walking distanceeach morningsouthern hospitalityfront desk staffwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I booked this room for Brewer's Jam and the location was perfect. I must say the best thing about this spot was the convenience of the location and the comfort of the rooms. The bedding was so soft and the pillows were very comfortable, they even had a menu of pillows you could look at and choose from if you wished. Market Square and the World's Fair Park are in walking distance of the hotel, so transportation isn't a must if you're okay with getting your steps in.

However, I was severely disappointed in the cleanliness of the room overall. The nightstand was very dusty and my mom got stuck in the foot by a weird staple-looking thing. I'm not sure why it was on the floor in the first place. The staff was pleasant but overall unhelpful and unaccommodating, not out of rudeness but perhaps lack of thoughtfulness? I first noticed this when I came in a little early and asked about a possible check-in before 3 (their check-in time); the young lady at the counter said their was no clean inventory but asked if I'd be leaving my car there. I said I would, and she gave me a card to put on the dashboard. No big deal right? It wasn't until I came back to check-in with another gentleman that I found out I'd be paying for parking after he asked if I left my car in their garage. Why wouldn't she tell me at the front end? Maybe she assumed that I knew parking was a fee or forgot to mention? Having not had to pay for parking at any hotel I've stayed at before, this came as quite a surprise, and I do shoulder some of the blame for not researching this beforehand. In the future, I hope their employees make their customers aware of certain fees that could apply before checking in. The parking fee seemed even more superfluous when I left the garage the next morning and the guard neither acknowledged nor collected the parking pass I had upon exiting.

I decided not the eat there though I had paid for it in my room rate. I simply asked upon checkout if I could be reimbursed for the charge, and the lady at the desk gave me back $10... While I didn't get a full breakdown of the rate on my receipt I seriously doubt the "breakfast package" amounted to $10 overall for two adults when the average price on their menu for one dish is just that.

Overall, this is a very great spot for those wanting a convenient spot to get to World's Fair Park. The service and stay was average.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Kae

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to clarify some of the issues that you brought forth. First of all, we owe you an apology for the condition you found your room in. We typically get high marks for our housekeeping and when we mess up, we want to address it immediately. I hope you mentioned it to our staff so we could rectify the problem.

As far as our parking fee is concerned, we understand it can be surprise , especially to those who are not used to staying in downtown locations. The agent who suggested you leave your car in the 15minute waiting until your room was ready was trying to be of assistance. She should have explained that there would be no charge for this but we do have a nightly charge for parking. Answering your question about breakfast...when you purchase a breakfast package you get a discount from the regular price of $13.95...that's why you were given back $10 (this is what you paid)

We appreciate you staying with us and I hope you'll consider staying with us again the next time your travel plans take you to Knoxville

Warm regards

janMcCormick

Reviewed 9 October 2017

The rooms and service were excellant. The Resturant the Food was A+ The service was great. Varnell was an excellant waiter. Wish you would open Earlier especially on Saturdays. At least at 6:00am 6 days a week.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear William L

Thank you for your review and kind words about our facility and staff. Appreciate you
reogniziing Varnell for his service...he's been a favoite of many of our guests over the years. Sounds like you're an early riser...we typically do no see anyone in our restaurants earlier than 7am, but your review will prompt further review.

Want to thank you for staying with us

Sincerely

JanMcCormick
GeneralManager

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

First time visit in Knoxville TN. This hotel exceeded all my expectations. We understood early check-in was impossible due to the VOLS game but not a problem. We were greeted by Amanda Gannello at the front desk. She not only assured check-in by 3, she helped us with our luggage and escorted us to our room. Everyone in the hotel made us feel right at home. We will definitely return! THANK YOU AMANDA!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed here for a large business meeting for a week, The facility was nice and helpful but due to the large number of people the parking was not very user friendly and the rules didn't seem to pertain to some

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Benjamin B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

I'm glad to hear that your experience with the hotel was mostly positive. I am sorry that the rules for our parking deck seemed to make little sense to you. If there are any questions that I can answer for you, please feel free to reach out to me.

Ben Blanton
Front Office Manager
(865)-522-2800
bblanton@hiknoxdwtn.com

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This hotel is in great walking distance to the University of Tennessee. The rooms are nice and clean. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. The dining area is very clean and has a very good variety of food. Three staff workers in the dinning area, Varrell, Gregory and Dennis, were very genuine and courteous. Keep up the good work gentlemen!!!!! Our stay at this hotel was great and we will be staying here every time we come to visit our college kids at the University. As to other matters...... The "K" that is on the staffs uniform shirts is very confusing. We understand now that the "K" is to represent Knoxville. Honestly the "K" needs to have some reference to Tennessee ("T") as this hotel is located right by the University. Many guests are staying at this hotel to visit kids at the university or attend university events. The guests that are staying at this hotel that are not affiliated with the University of Tennessee would understand if a "T" was incorporated with the "K" due to the location of this hotel. The hotel management should stand tall with pride in supporting the University of Tennessee. Knoxville is a great city but Knoxville also represents The University of Tennessee!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

I am glad that your stay with us went well! I can speak for myself that although we want to support our town and the University, our management wanted to project an image of acceptance to all the guests we have that care for any football team. We would hate for anyone to feel unwelcome because they support a different team. If there are any questions I can answer for you, please feel free to contact me.

Ben Blanton