“A great hotel in a great location...”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2017

A great hotel on every level. Extremely convenient location - walking distance to all things Knoxville. The convention center is right across the street and there is a walkway in case of rain.

The staff is great and very helpful. The concierge lounge is always stocked with drinks and the breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres are a welcome getaway for this business traveler. Most important - the rooms and beds are very comfortable. Lots of room at the desk for work, a great view of Knoxville, a good size TV and a very comfortable bed.

The only downside was that the elevator was very slow. That was a bit frustrating. But overall it was a great experience - I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The best view is a high floor on the opposite side from the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Knoxville is a college town. So are Athens and Austin. Here's what they all have in common - a vibrant downtown, craft breweries, farm-to-table culture, and because of their size, great convenience to major attractions (college football, anyone?!). Well, Knoxville's Hilton is perfectly situated within that vibrant downtown scene. The lobby area is designed for the business traveler, and the meeting rooms are spot on for your conference or regional meeting. The hotel staff absolutely rock hospitality and the in-house bar is the perfect size for a quick nosh after the meeting schedule has ended. For business (as is often the case for me), and for pleasure visits to Knoxville, the Hilton should be on your radar!

Stayed: October 2016
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review on our hotel. I truly appreciate your business and we will look forward to your return.

Sincerely

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This hotel is conveniently located downtown, close to all activities as well as the University of Tennessee. We stayed at the hotel while attending a university tour, and were able to get a great discount for booking there. We ate dinner at the hotel and the food was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review on our hotel and for choosing to stay with us. It is very rewarding to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and your interaction with our team members. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

CANCELLED my reservation WITHOUT notification while I was driving six hours to the hotel! They said they tried to contact me and read my phone number back to me, but said it was non existent. I've received calls since then, and my phone number does in fact, exist. - I showed them my call log with no call from anyone at Hilton. I did not receive an e-mail either. I just showed up after driving six hours and was told my reservation was cancelled. -- They were able to accommodate us in a different, tiny room with only one bed and and a pull-out sofa (that they apparently didn't have sheets for) instead of the 2 beds in our original reservation. The pull-out sofa had to be moved to avoid hitting the nightstand, and unfolded connected to the bed. I had to crawl in and out of the bottom of the main bed, as there was no room to walk to the side. There was also no room for our suitcases and we spent mush of the stay awkwardly climbing around suitcases in a very uncomfortable space. Buyer beware. If you want to make sure you have a hotel room (especially with the accommodations you want on your trip), book with another hotel!!

Stayed: July 2017

Dear Guest,

I do again apologize for the frustrations you encountered when your reservation was cancelled due to the credit card being used to make the reservation being a non-valid or non-working credit card. When this occurs we do attempt to allow the guest to retain the reservation with notification through the information that is listed on the reservation. That being said we are consistent with industry standards and following specific brand standards with reservations made with a fraudulent or non-valid form of payment. I trust that this stance is respected and accepted as it is one that we all must follow any where else when we are unable to make purchases or reservations without a valid form of payment. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and offer again as I did on your last posting that I am open to speak with you personally if you would like to reach out to me at the hotel. I trust that we find an understanding that allows us to move forward in a professional manner.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. The lobby was decorated so nice. The inside and outside bar was fully stocked and a real Starbucks is onsite. The executive lounge is located on the main floor which was a nice change. Close to the square with nice shops and restaurants, this will be my go-to hotel when visiting Knoxville again.

No hot tub but pool was crystal clear and clean. Nice cool temperature and was not crowded.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Just taking a moment to thank you for the gracious review of our hotel. I am certainly pleased that we made a positive impression with our service. I do trust that we see you back again soon.