“CANCELLED my reservation WITHOUT notification while I was driving six hours to the hotel!”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2017

CANCELLED my reservation WITHOUT notification while I was driving six hours to the hotel! They said they tried to contact me and read my phone number back to me, but said it was non existent. I've received calls since then, and my phone number does in fact, exist. - I showed them my call log with no call from anyone at Hilton. I did not receive an e-mail either. I just showed up after driving six hours and was told my reservation was cancelled. -- They were able to accommodate us in a different, tiny room with only one bed and and a pull-out sofa (that they apparently didn't have sheets for) instead of the 2 beds in our original reservation. The pull-out sofa had to be moved to avoid hitting the nightstand, and unfolded connected to the bed. I had to crawl in and out of the bottom of the main bed, as there was no room to walk to the side. There was also no room for our suitcases and we spent mush of the stay awkwardly climbing around suitcases in a very uncomfortable space. Buyer beware. If you want to make sure you have a hotel room (especially with the accommodations you want on your trip), book with another hotel!!

Stayed: July 2017
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Guest,

I do again apologize for the frustrations you encountered when your reservation was cancelled due to the credit card being used to make the reservation being a non-valid or non-working credit card. When this occurs we do attempt to allow the guest to retain the reservation with notification through the information that is listed on the reservation. That being said we are consistent with industry standards and following specific brand standards with reservations made with a fraudulent or non-valid form of payment. I trust that this stance is respected and accepted as it is one that we all must follow any where else when we are unable to make purchases or reservations without a valid form of payment. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and offer again as I did on your last posting that I am open to speak with you personally if you would like to reach out to me at the hotel. I trust that we find an understanding that allows us to move forward in a professional manner.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. The lobby was decorated so nice. The inside and outside bar was fully stocked and a real Starbucks is onsite. The executive lounge is located on the main floor which was a nice change. Close to the square with nice shops and restaurants, this will be my go-to hotel when visiting Knoxville again.

No hot tub but pool was crystal clear and clean. Nice cool temperature and was not crowded.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Just taking a moment to thank you for the gracious review of our hotel. I am certainly pleased that we made a positive impression with our service. I do trust that we see you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Convenient to all downtown Knoxville activities including Market Square. We arrived early and a room was ready. Staff was extremely friendly. Rooms and grounds were well maintained. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review on your recent trip to Knoxville. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I do hope that we see you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Downtown Hilton property with very good location very short walk to market square. We made this trip as a stopover and it was perfect. Very short walk to lots of active bars, restaurants and shops. I was very happy with the rate too.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you on behalf of the entire team at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel for your wonderful review on our hotel. Please think of us again when you are back in the area for future visits.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent service. Room on the 17th floor was very comfortable and clean. We had a fantastic stay while taking the TN Bar Exam. Very convenient to Convention Center and Market Square. We had a beautiful view of the Taennessee River and Neyland Stadium.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, congratulation on the TN Bar Exam! I am pleased that we were part of such an important event in your life. I am thankful that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your visit. I trust that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the future.