“Get the guac”

Babalu Tapas & Tacos
Ranked #32 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 17
Description: Babalu Tacos & Tapas is a lively restaurant that uses fresh and local ingredients to create bold flavors. You will find a variety of authentic gourmet tacos and Spanish-style tapas with a Southern twist. Every item on the menu, down to the blue corn tortilla, is made from scratch daily - our famous guacamole is prepared tableside. Our bar carries the finest tequilas, and all drinks are handcrafted daily using fresh squeezed lemons and limes.
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We took a work colleague from out of town here. I got a burger and they got tacos. Everything was really tasty, and the guac was really very very very good. This is a great option for tasty food.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We joined another couple here around 630 on a Friday night. We were seated near the back of the restaurant. Service was prompt and friendly. We ordered wings, guacamole, steak on a stick, crab cakes, and street corn. Everything we had was really good. The price really adds up as of course the plates are small. The other couple tried the redfish tacos. They have a drink menu but no menu for the beers on tap. We will return but the place is very LOUD. It was hard to have a conversation and was also hard to hear the server.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

It was my first visit to Bablu's and I'll definitely be back. I really enjoyed the tableside guac and the tacos were good too. The moonshine margarita was amazing!

1  Thank Roells2009
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My son loves Babalu. I decided to check it out. We ordered crab cakes, calamari, chips with queso. The waitress told us the queso had a really spicy sauce on top. The calamari was hot, crispy, hot peppers were in the dish and a great romesco sauce. They over salted the calamari however it was very good. The crab cakes were full of peppers and big chunks of crab meat. Also excellent. We got the chips with salsa which was supposed to be queso. Finally our waitress returned and I asked about the queso. First she said I didn't order it, then she said oh they didn't bring that to you? Finally got the queso and the sauce on top was chipotle not spicy at all but very smoky. No one at the table likes smoky food so knowing it was chipotle would have been a crucial piece of information. Waitress brought our check without asking if I wanted another drink. Guess I don't. Not here. Hopefully you will have a better service experience when you go because I highly recommend the food.

Otie H, Guest Relations Manager at Babalu Tapas & Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

bevinfocus,

Thank you for your review of Babalu. While we are happy to hear how much you enjoyed the dishes you ordered, we are disappointed to hear that the service you received was less than impressive. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as we use it as a means to improve. We have sent you a private message, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Otie H.
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Very cute restaurant excellent for big groups and birthday celebration!! The guacamole is so amazing!! I love the concept of Tapas!! The shrimp with chorizo is too spicy!! But the all food is really good!! The dessert is so good but the best one is bread pudding !! Amazing birthday with my friends