“Wow! Wow! Wow! (in a good way)”

Sweet P’s Downtown Dive
Ranked #22 of 1,198 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Had lunch here with the family on a Sunday afternoon. The brisket, chicken, ribs and pork were all big hits among our group. The sides were excellent (mac and cheese is out of this world). The staff was VERY helpful and patient in answering our questions and making recommendations. We liked the fact it was counter service with self-service on the drinks. Parking was simple enough for a weekend afternoon in the free parking lot across the street.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sweet P’s Downtown Dive

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The family and I decided to detour through Knoxville on our way home and found this tasty bbq "dive" and we were not disappointed. The wifey had the brisket and devoured it in uncharacteristic fashion. The picky eater had the sampler and almost ate it all. I had the "meat falling off the bone" ribs, delicious! The sides are very tasty as well. I loved the greens and the potato salad was dynamite! The service was efficient and courteous. Beer selections were ample including local brews. A great quick stop for a great lunch. On my list for a repeat visit next time I am in town.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The food was ok. Based in the reviews, we were expecting great. The atmosphere is fun and loud. There is a beer garden upstairs. I don't know, it was a let down. Skip the corn bread, it's dry.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

This place has authentic southern BBQ and sides. I got the BBQ beef brisket and it was perfectly tender. The sides (mac and cheese and potato salad) tasted homemade, with great flavor. I would definitely return to try some of their other BBQ options.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Have been wanting to try this place for a while after seeing social media reviews. So happy we did! It's the best BBQ around. And even the sides are wonderful! We have found our new favorite go to BBQ restaurant in East TN :)