“Not from USA but found Interesting”

East Tennesse Historical Society
Ranked #6 of 203 things to do in Knoxville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I'm from New Zealand so don't know too much about East and West Tennessee history, I found myself at the East Tennessee History Center and thought they did a good job of telling their history in a respectful but factual way.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I so thoroughly enjoyed my self at the ETHC, I came specifically to see the paintings of Bud Albers, a local philanthropist, businessman, world traveler and painter.
It was a lovely local museum.
I actually went in Feb 2016 but there was no mechanism to enter that date.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Did not know what to expect, but was met by a really friendly Museum Curator the museum itself was great but the highlight was seeing Davy Crockets Rifle. A pleasant afternoon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

A really nice museum that teaches you a lot about the history of East Tennessee. The exhibits are well maintained and very informative. It's a lot of information to take in at once so we will certainly go back for another visit to learn more.

The entrance fee of $5 is very reasonable. Tim at the front desk was very welcoming and gave us a lof of information. When we left the security guard had additional tips for us on how we could spend the rest of the day in Knoxville.

A morning well spent!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Came in late and they let me in free. Caught the music exhibit and and TVA info. Great little museum and fun 50 minutes.