“Good food and atmosphere”

Downtown Grill & Brewery
Ranked #41 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Good place to eat. Good food, but is a bit pricey, but you pay that for the atmosphere in which you at. It has alot of fun, and good place to meet people.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

First let me say the hostess and our waitress were both great, the food was also very good. No real complaints from anyone in regards to our food. My husband ordered a beer. When we got the beer, we noticed a gnat/fly of some sort floating on top. Told our waitress, very quick to respond, apologized, and quickly brought him a new one. What I did expect was for management to at least stop by the table and apologize. We got nothing. Honestly didn't expect it to be taken off the bill and it wasn't but management should have come out to say something. We sat pretty close to the bar area downstairs, so we saw the bartender ask which table and he quickly went to the kitchen to let someone know. So this falls squarely on management. We own a restaurant in Memphis so complaints (no matter how small) are taken seriously. Will we be back? probably not and that's too bad. I will still give it 4 stars only b/c the wait staff/hostess and food were good. If this was a rating on management for that night, it would be a 1

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

TripAdvisor reviews led me to this gem. Best $3 happy hour margarita I have had that was such a large glass--usually very small. Happy hour appetizers are also generous portion at great price. We got pretzel bites with beer cheese and chicken finger basket. Friendly and helpful staff and free popcorn at the door. I had the fish and chips and got 3 large pieces with homemade house tarter--very good. My husband ordered the shrimp scampi--very generous portion. He shared one with me and it was very good. His side was bacon and bleu cheese mashed potatoes and I don't like bleu cheese but he made me taste and they were awesome. My daughter ordered the Rayjun Cajun chicken pasta dish and her husband had the Cathey Kabobs with mac and cheese and said everything he ate was very good and best meal he ever had eating out. The men of course had beers as this is also a brewery and their beer was free because they are military--nice. 4 of us ate with 2 appetizers and 3 additional cocktails for $80. Two toddlers with us ate the appetizer chicken finger basket. So glad we picked this place to eat. We walked from Crown Plaza across street to Market Square. The kiddos loved the water feature. Sorry no food pics. We were starving and dug right in--lol

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I love the Brewery. My friends and I often find our way to the patio here any time we just want to hang out. The chips and queso, Philly Cheesesteak pizza, and their blond beer are all wonderful.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This is go to spot for a cold craft beer and good food. Always great atmosphere and service. We go here often when we are enjoying an evening downtown.