“Crab cakes nom nom nom”
Review of Chesapeake's

Chesapeake's
Reserve with OpenTable
Chesapeake's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,303 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2017

As you may have guessed from t he title, crab cakes are good, high on crab low on filler (as it should be). There were also snapper and seasoned shrimp at our table that were eaten with gusto. It was a little noisy in side, but otherwise an very nice dining experience.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Just happened to see the sign getting off the freeway. I was blown away by this place! Adam our server brought us fresh croissant and muffins, it was Sunday brunch. We started out with crab stuffed mushrooms. Out of this world with huge chunks of crab. Next we split the boiled seafood platter, fresh shrimp, 20 count scallops, cod, and a crab cake. $16.50 very reasonable and plentiful. The spinach Maria and shrimp bisque were fabulous and one of their specialities. The manager came and sat with us and offered us a taste of the bisque. Adam the server was friendly and helpful even giving us directions because we're from So Cal. This is one of the best meals I've had in years and under $50 which includes a couple of fresh squeezed margaritas. If you're in Knoxville don't miss this one!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Friends looking to eat diinner in a nice restaurant instead of grilling out.........We had reservations and were seated immediately. Within a couple minutes our waitress came and took our drink order. After she leaves my husband and I start to glance around. My husband was looking down on the flloor and it was nasty. He mentioned it to me and I looked around the entire floor was nasty, not just dirty. I wished I had not even looked. She bought our wine, and took our food order. My husband orders the famous scallops. I ordered the fried seafood platter. Let me tell you when they brought my husbands scallops, I was shocked. They were so small. I have always been use to Chesapeake's famous fist size scallops for years. The second thing is they were absolutely burnt. He said he ordered blackened, but those were charred. Then I got my platter, I could not believe it. You get more food on a seafood platter at Red Lobster. I could not even find my scallops they were so small under the small piece of fish. One oyster, and the rest were the toughest shrimp I have ever eaten. I had three left and my husband ate one and said no thanks on the other two. This is the first review I have ever written and I hate it is bad. But if you are going to pay that much money to go out to eat and it's not worth eating, I feel like I have to say why. THE WORST, it was my idea to go there. Always been a great special place to go eat. But not this time, and we probably WON'T go back. I was so embarrassed to say anything to any of the others. Although one of them did say when he got his food that the lobsters were a whole lot smaller than he use to get there. One of the other ladies got the Broilded Scallops and she said she would have gotten something else if she had known they weren't big like they use to be. But the restaurant being nasty is no excuse. Sweep and MOP your floors.

4  Thank holiday815
Reviewed 7 June 2017

There is a strange smell when you first enter the restaurant, but it gets better once you get into the restaurant. Staff was outstanding and so was the grilled chicken and house salad. The chicken was grilled to perfection. The waiter was friendly and the service was great.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We had our waiter immediately ask us for our drink order. We placed our appetizer order then. Sat back in our comfortable chairs and talked. Soon our drinks arrived and our first appetizer, shrimp cocktail. Then we had our Oysters Rockefeller and Baked Crab and Ham Oysters arrive. We also had warm assortment of breads arrive. I noticed that the waiter kept bringing more drinks without me asking. Our food arrived soon after the appetizers and I had crab cakes with creamed spinach and creamy Cole Slaw. My husband had Grilled Scallops with Mac and Cheese. I followed with Strawberry shortcake. Wow! A great meal and service is rare today...and we are traveling so it's even more rare.