“revisiting old favorite”

Ranked #6 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Dinner with friend became a sort of culinary "coming home" experience. Chatting with the manager, reminiscing about shared friends from the now closed Falafel Hut . Dinner was– terrific! Then plates of old favorites (falafel with hummus, kafta burger stuffed grape leaves (best with lamb & rice);

I teased him about “New York Style” & he responded by putting a plate of samples (corned beef, pastrami, tongue) & he was right! Excellent stuff reminiscent of beloved NYC deli’s. Not fancy but very comfortable and QUIET enough to have real conversation (my biggest problem with local restaurants in recent years! I shouldn’t have to go to club LeConte just to chat with my companions.) Some significant overeating. We we all agreed silently to come back as soon as possible.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Greek Salad, Reuben & Gyro are great, very personable & friendly staff. It's a solid stop on my semi-monthly lunch rotation.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

We decided to try this place after reading about it in a AAA/CAA travel book while traveling through Tennessee. We're so glad we did! I had a falafel pita and my fiance had a gyro. We also shared a Greek salad, and it was one of the best Greek salads I have ever had! If I lived in Knoxville I would definitely come back often!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Why I haven't tried this before, I have no idea. Great cafe attached to a great little market. Falafel was excellent. Gyro was great. Hummus choices galore. Brought home some fresh pita's.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I'm so happy to have found this gem. Nicest people you could ever meet and absolutely AMAZING food. They treat you like family -I will definitely be back many times.