All reviews full kitchen room was spotless king suite front desk clerk cons pros sleep
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Had a nonsmoking room but hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. Towel rack fell apart under the weight of towels. Coffee pot was empty as desk clerk played games on the computer. Recliner wouldn’t unrecline. No place in bathroom to place toiletries.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Lynn, thank you for being our guest. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you encountered during your stay. This is not the type of service our hotel is known for, and we extend our apologies. Your feedback has been discussed with the concerned team to be more diligent going forward. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotels I’ve stayed in. From the seedy neighborhood, with people loitering around in the parking lot at all hours, to the mold infested bathrooms- I wish I had known the deal I found was going to result in such a poor experience. The hotel has a “strict” no smoking policy, but it must be newly enacted because the entire place reeks of years of stale cigarette smoke. They have no double beds; they have no elevator. The standing only shower was covered in mold growing from every seam and corner. Not that you spent much time in the shower anyway because there was no hot water! We took a shower at 8:00 pm and at 7:00 am, so it’s not like there was just no hot water during peak shower time. Just no hot water period.

One might say “you get what you pay for” and I loge a good deal, but the $15 difference between this hotel and the others in the vicinity is not worth the lack of ameninities and comforts. If I had known that was the trade off, I never would have agreed to it.
Don’t stay here!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is very unfortunate that your experience did not reflect the quality that you expect from us. My team and we are working to address the shortfall addressed by you. We regret to have you let down on this occasion and sincerely apologize for the same. We have strict policies where we prohibit smoking in some areas so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can address it appropriately. We hope you will consider and give us an opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

I like the new type of boarding house hotels that are becoming available. This was a very clean and luxurious feel. We only stayed one night but the halls were not carpeted, breakfast was a granola bar.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Kathy, thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America. We are happy to know you had a pleasant experience and loved our beautiful property. On behalf of everyone here, we invite you and your family to stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Roaches everyday, my clothes and things smell like cigarettes now, cleaning crew didn’t come clean every week like they’re supposed to, washing machine stained and ripped one of dress shirts and they only gave me a refund on the wash which was a whopping $2, half of the stove top didn’t even work, place was disgusting, supposed to have a room key to open the doors to get in the building but the bums that lived there would just use the floor mat or something to keep the door open all of the time so forget about our safety. I booked a months stay pretty much and was disgusted with the place that I decided only a few days in to ask for a refund and cancel my reservation, but they said I couldn’t get a refund. So they took $1700 it costs to stay there the whole month, but when asked to leave a get a refunded the remaining time they wouldn’t give me that, even though I said I’ll pay for the nights I stayed I just want to leave now and not pay the remainder. I’ve never heard of a hotel that would not give you your money back if you choose to leave early especially when the customer isn’t satisfied with the hotel. Don’t waste your money. Place is horrible.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Josh, we sincerely apologize that you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us. You deserved a clean, comfortable, and a stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback will be used to help us better serve our guests. We hope you will give us another chance by staying with us again on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had recently sold our home and were waiting to close on the new one and need just a few nights before staying elsewhere with family. First we called the Extended stay at Cedar Bluff and made reservations but before we got there we received a call from them saying they had overbooked (which I just read a review from someone else on that one and it said they did the same to them and the manager had answered saying they were working on that and hoped it would not happen again..really that was posted 5 days ago, must not have tried very hard). They sent us the the one on Winston Rd which when we first walked in smelled extremely smokey even though it was supposed to be non smoking (and we were told there would be a fine if you smoked) which neither of us do so we totally smell when a room has had a heavy smoker in it. Then they moved us to another room in which when we got into it it had a handicap shower which was so nasty I felt dirty just thinking about getting into it. We looked beside the nightstands and noticed 3 dead bugs laying there. That was gross but we thought well at least they are dead but couldn't see why housekeeping had not cleaned there as it was in plain view full of bugs and dust. Then later that night we saw what we thought was a dead bug in the bathroom and in the morning we turned on the light and it was crawling around commode. That was the last straw we packed up and told the front desk we could not stay there due to bugs and nasty. Fortunately they gave us no problem and refunded our money. I would not recommend it to anyone who likes to feel they are in a clean place. We had been very tired due to getting back from a hugh trip so fortunately we didn't take our luggage in and that morning we checked out got a nice motel we had used before took showers and washed what we had on...too bad there are businesses like this out there and I normally would not write but I'm tired and for your hard earned money you deserve better!

Room Tip: lots of people with barking dogs...good luck..bugs!!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Cindy, we apologize you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us. This is not the type of review we are accustomed to receiving, and it is very disappointing to read. Your comments have been discussed with our appropriate individuals to enhance our service and facilities going ahead. We would like to regain your trust and hope you will give us that chance in the future.