“A must see”
Review of Sunsphere Tower

Sunsphere Tower
Ranked #14 of 210 things to do in Knoxville
More attraction details
Owner description: 300 foot tower built for the 1982 World's Fair.
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

If I didn’t read reviews for this I wouldn’t have known to take the elevator up to the observation deck. The forth floor doesn’t seem high enough but that’s the number. I was surprised when the doors opened and I was at the top. I wish there were descriptions of what the buildings are you are looking at are but I very much enjoyed this experience.

All reviews
"world's fair park"
in 41 reviews
"elevator ride"
in 14 reviews
"great view of the city"
in 10 reviews
in 16 reviews
"downtown knoxville"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have driven past this tower many times throughout our travels, but we had no idea that it is an open attraction. We stopped by on a Monday morning and were able to find a nearby parking space rather quickly. There were a few other visitors while we were there, but no crowd and no line to get inside. We enjoyed the view and reading about the Fair. I would definitely recommend this as a quick stop while passing through town. (There are also restrooms in the convention center next door.)

1  Thank awherry8
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Everytime we see the Sunsphere driving through Knoxville we would say "we'll have to go there someday" finally we stopped! Although finding parking spot was not easy, we took an enjoyable walk through World's Fair Park to the Sunsphere. The views are still beautiful even through yellow tinted glass. There are educational facts about Knoxville and east Tennessee along the circular route. Now we've finally stopped and we will definately stop again!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We were just passing through town and saw that there had been a World's Fair here, so we went to check it out. The park was nice, and the tower was cool, but we had a really hard time finding a place to park. There might be parking lot or garage we didn't see, but there weren't signs directing us to them. We ended up parking on a side street a few blocks away.