“Could have been better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn South

Comfort Inn South
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Richmond, VA
“Could have been better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

The Comfort Inn is conveniently located off of Interstate 81 and a very short walk to a very nice Perkins restaurant. The room itself was not very clean. The carpet did not appear to have been vacuumed after the previous guest. The bathroom floor is tiled, and the grout is either stained or very dirty. My key card failed on two occasions during a two-day stay and had to be reprogrammed both times. The reponse from the person behind the counter was that it must have expired. The breakfast was very nice, not a lot of extras, but well maintained with plenty to eat. For the most part, the people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Would I stay here again? Probably so; the price was right and overall if wasn't a bad experience.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank NanaLou
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
conway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed here 10/27/11 for one night. When we were leaving to go down to breakfast we observed a bug on one of the pillows. We removed the bedding and found serveral bugs. We caught three and took them to the front desk/manager. He told us they were ticks. We checked out and took the bugs home in a ziplock. Three exterminators verfied that they were bed bugs. We have called the corporate office, Choice Hotels, and the independent owner. The owner denies they have bed bugs but there is a previous report from a customer in July of this year on www.bedbugregistry.com. We have also contacted TN State Health Department. My wife was bitten twice on the chest and we are not able to bring our suitcases inside our home until we are certain they are all dead. It's been a nightmare!!

Room Tip: Check mattresses and wall behind bed for bed bugs.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eilish p

Travellers are raving about these Kingsport hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

This was a nightmare. I had a prepaid room for 2 weeks, but upon check-in I was asked for a CC for incidentals. I charged nothing to the room at all and whenI checked out I was told there was nothing billed to my CC. Wrong!!! 3 days later I checked and found a charge of $915.09 on the Visa used for incidentals, billed by the hotel, on the day that I checked out. I contacted them and they initially denied it but once I got the CC rep on the phone with us they admitted it was a mistake and that it would be refunded. It took over 4 days before I saw my money back. Never again, not here!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed here in August and a month later found I was charged double on my credit card. When I called they said I checked out after 12 noon. I reminded them I checked-in about 2:30am and asked for a late checkout for 1230. They said there's no record I requested a late checkout. They refused to credit my credit card. The bill they gave me was for one night. The hotel later doubled my charged. I wrote to the Better Business Bureau and if not resolved I'll sue them in small claims court. I never had a hotel do this to me.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here. They will sneak charges on your credit card.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom1217
Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed here going and comming from Arlington Va
Hotel staff very nice and accomodating
Rooms clean and comfortable