“Quite place”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Friendly staff, clean hotel, the hilltop location keeps the place away from traffic noise, a shuttle service was there to take me to Cracker Barrel and back, which is great for truckers! Ample truck/rv parking as well. The price was a little more than expected but not outrageous.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven T

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Met expectations. Relatively new property well maintained.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The woman at the check-in counter was very friendly, the rooms and the hotel in general were very clean. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to this area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We go to Kingsport quite often to visit family and for several years, we have stayed at the Sleep Inn, and I don't know what has happened, but this place is just a mess. I think we have stayed there at least 30 - 40 nights in the past.

We were there in July 2011, for 3 nights. Although we were out of the room every morning before 9, not one time was the room cleaned or resupplied with towels, toilet paper, etc. The third morning as we were going out for the day, we told the front desk that we needed maid service in our room.

Got back that evening, and of course, nothing had been done. As we checked out the next morning, we told them no one had ever cleaned the room, and we got a "Well, sorry 'bout that". I vowed I wouldn't stay there again.

Unfortunately, we had a spur-of-the-moment trip to Kingsport this past weekend, and I hadn't researched other hotels in Kingsport yet. (Honestly, most Kingsport hotels are just....ugh). So, once again we were at the Sleep Inn for two nights. The sliding door on the bathroom (whoever heard of putting sliding doors on a bathroom?) was off track and would not move without using super-human strength. We called for service on the door, they promised someone would come up the next day. We were out for the day and when we returned, of course the door had not been fixed. The counter in the bathroom was filthy, and there were hairs in the tub.

This place was decent several years ago. Now they just seem to get by with as little as they can for their "guests". This time when I say I won't stay here again, I mean it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank GoSteelersPgh
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My daughter and I made a trip to PA from West TN and Kingsport was our halfway mark so we stopped at the Sleep Inn late at night for a room. Had I known they are expensive dinky rooms, I would have kept on driving.
They claimed to only have one room left/non-smoking/handicapped room. I wondered how the heck anyone with a handicap could navigate such a small space since it was so dinky of a space.
The room did have a fridge, microwave, and average bathroom. The bed was really comfortable and that was the best part of the entire room. I wouldn't say it was the dirtiest place I have stayed but the room could use some TLC. I found black hairs all over the shower/bath stall and the coffee pot was a bit dirty.
Breakfast was simple with cereal, milk, juice, stale pastry, and the waffle maker. Not impressed with breakfast and thought they could do way better for the 87.36 it cost me to stay in that dinky room.
Never again... next time I will keep driving to Exit 7 in Virginia and stay at the La Quinta>>much nicer and more affordable.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't mind not getting value for your money...