“"Happy Hour" 2-for-1 Margaritas are pretty good!”

Amigo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 41 Restaurants in Jonesborough
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Usually any cheap drink special "house" margarita just gives me heartburn and makes me yearn for a real margarita, but these were good enough that we returned for more the next time we were in town. I highly recommend their "abuela's guac" made-to-order. It is fresh and tasty. I'm curious, is it a Tennessee thing or just this restaurant, but carding 48-year olds? It's not a compliment when you're this old, it just seems weird like there was a problem or something. My husband had left his wallet in the hotel room and so technically only I was allowed to order the "2 for 1" margaritas while he had to sneak drinking them. Believe me, we look (at least) our age! This is one of the only places we ordered alcohol in Tennessee so it might be something that the state makes them do. Food, drinks, and service were all very good on both of our visits.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Amigo Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 24 May 2017

There are several Amigo's restaurants in our area and they ALL are great. We especially love their nachos with the wonderful white cheese.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

My family and I have been eating at Amigo for years. About 4 years ago we quit going because the food was going down hill. The thing my wife and I really missed was the sopapilla and ice cream. We decided to try it out again and man were we surprised. The quality and portions of the food is much better. Juanita has always treated us with such care and loves to joke around about my poor Spanish. Jaja! The rest of the staff seem to really be on the ball and are quick to serve. Thumbs up, again!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I enjoy eating here. The food is always fresh and served hot. I love that you get chip and salsa right when you sit down. You get to snack as you pick your meal.The staff is great and kept up with my family's drinks. That is no small accomplishment.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

This is good, reasonable priced Mexican food. The staff is wonderful and treat you like family. Best chips and salsa out there in my book.