“Nice”

Dining Room
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Jonesborough
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have been in operation in downtown Jonesborough, TN for over 8 years. On March 25th, 2017 we closed our doors temporarily to move to our new location in Johnson City, TN. We will be opening our doors this spring at our new location at 202 E. Main St. with our new name "Sabores". We will update this information when we have an exact opening date. Thank you for your patience.
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Nice restaurant and atmosphere; food very good. Service not so good even after several visits. We don't go very often, especially if someplace else to go! Jonesborough is a quaint town everyone should visit.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Dining Room

Reviewed 7 March 2017

This is a nice blend of Cuban/American. Only issue is the restaurant is moving soon to Johnson City.

1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed 25 January 2017

This was my first time eating Cuban cuisine and wow...it was absolutely amazing! The food was so fresh and delicious, full of flavour and texture. I could not recommend this place highly enough! Staff were really friendly and the place had a very relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank Fiona461992
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Friday night, the snow that is expected, is taking it's sweet time to arrive. The air is crisp, and I feel like a walk down town. There is nary a soul on Main Street . Jonesborough is all quiet, quite devoid of life.
But ahead I spy a sign that says : Open: The Dining Room. I can always count on The Dining Room. Over the years I have eaten there many many times. It's clever, exquisitely infused flavors always succeed in moving me to a state of bliss.
I have also sent as many of my clients as I possibly could to savor your delights. Your service and food has always been described as superb.
So to read a review where the reviewer appears to fuss over what is actually a reasonable corkage fee, and to quibble over their wine list , seems to me just sour grapes. The wine list is in fact quite adequate as are the prices. But I am a huge fan as are all my clients, so we may be a tad biased.
Thank you for all your years of service in Jonesborough. I look forward to eating at your new location in Johnson City. Good luck!

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

New Years Eve lunch. This was a great way to end the year. We tried the soup of the day which was a white cheddar zucchini oh so yummy! My better half got the crab sandwich. Keep in mind she is from MD and is extremely picky when it comes to crab. She kept saying "They get it, it's not over seasoned!" My Cuban sandwich was perfectly delicious! This is one of those sandwiches that you could eat every day but you don't because it's so special:) We both had the ranch pasta salad. It was so freshtastic we bought some to go! For our ending we chose the dulce de Leche cheesecake. Again...perfect! It was not sickly sweet. It was oh yes I shall get this again because it rocks the taste buds.
Our server was wonderful and all of the staff was super friendly. It was very clean.
The restaurant is moving to downtown JC so make sure and check with them for move dates. Then go and have a perfect meal!