All reviews maintenance man nice pool enjoyable stay parking lot staying at this hotel night stay room was spotless business center beds were comfortable rally conference pillows tennessee
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Was there for a 3 day event. People at hotel super nice. Only issue was the ac in the room was either too hot or cool. Dead area in the thermostat. But not a big issue. Wish the lights on elevator call buttons worked. But then it is a small thing.
The room was large and seemed to have been recently remolded. Bed was comfortable. All in all, I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2018

My wife & I checked in late after a long day on the road. Check in was training a new employee who needed help but was very friendly. I understand we all start new and must learn the system. Once it became known that I was using earned points for this one night stay the attitude from the trainer was not quite the same, like lets just get this done. The room was comfortable and clean but you needed to make sure the door latched. The next morning we asked the desk about breakfast and we were told that it was not included because we used points. What we were told was okay but the way it was said made me feel we were not welcome because we were using our points. Breakfast was a buffet at $10 per person. The eggs, bacon & potatoes were cold. We were in a hurry so we decided to just eat it and go. We did bring it to the staffs attention so it could be corrected for other diners. As we finished we watched the staff replace the Sterno cans a every station. No offer of discount or even an apology. When we checked out I asked for a copy of my stay and was told we don't print one for people who use points. If I would ever stay here again, I would not eat or use points so hopefully I would be made to feel welcome.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VeteranMike
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We went here on a motorcycle trip to ride the southern dozen, I reserved the rooms with Sherry Sheppard, and she was only the start of a wonderful hotel experience. Hotel is very clean and had some of the friendliest staff of any hotel we have been to. Summer was at the front desk when we checked in, and was fantastic and the older woman at breakfast was great, she had us chocolate milk waiting for us every morning. I cant say enough about how we were treated while staying at this hotel. we will definitely stay here again!! I even met some of the hotel ownership while at this facility and told them of our great experience.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had a our annual motorcycle rally here and about 80 people were due to check in on Sunday. While the hotel was nice and clean, there were definite issues with the staff. Check in is at 3pm. We arrived at 1pm and they said rooms were not ready. Apparently the group before us didn't check out at 11am and were there until 3:30. I wonder if they were charged for their late departure.
1-My husband is ill and needed a treatment which I conveyed to the front desk. They had our room but it was not ready, nor were any rooms in our group ready. Two housekeepers walked off the job. I finally went up to check on our room, the door was closed but not locked (most doors you had to slam to shut properly) and the room was done. I told the desk clerk and she said it had to be cleared by the head housekeeper and she would check. 20 minutes later, still nothing and I saw her outside smoking a cigarette. I asked her again about the room and she said...
" Honey, when I'm finished my cigarette, I'll check the room myself."
I was in shock at her answer. She never did and I had it done at the front desk.
In addition, a baseball team came in after us and some were checked in before us. One elderly couple, in their late 80's, waited EIGHT HOURS!!!

2-One of our members bought ice cream and asked if they could put it in the hotel freezer. They said they don't have a freezer and then changed to we already locked it for the night. They gave up arguing with the staff when the employee remarked 'we already did enough for your people'.

3- A breakfast buffet was included in our plan. First day, no buffet. Had to order individually. It took over two hours for some of our folks to get their food.

I could go on and on with the disrepect that was shown to my friends.
On a positive note, the wait staff in the restaurant was friendly and did their best to get the food to us quickly.
I think at one point the staff figured we would not be back and treated us horribly.

Room Tip: Check your doors to make sure they lock. We had to slam our doors.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
PKilgore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Yuckibar,

Thank you for your time and comments concerning your recent stay with us. I apologize that I am now just hearing about your experience while being a guest at our hotel. We appreciate the opportunity of hearing your comments and I apologize for the inconvenience that you had while a guest at our hotel. It is our goal to make sure that all of our guests have a great stay with us. All issues are being addressed with our team immediately. Thank you for your time and comments. .

Patricia Kilgore

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice rooms great food nice pool very friendly staff just been remodeled great location staff was very friendly and desk clerk s was very helpful and friendly service was great location was very good restaurant was also good and had good service and great staff Caroline was great as usual . Sherry was the best lady I have ever worked with and Penny was the best had meal for 85 people and it was very good

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Don O

Dear Don,

Thank you for your time and comments from your recent stay with us. We are happy to know that our team took care of you and your group. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed our new renovated hotel. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay with us. We hope that when your travels bring you back to our area that you will chose to stay with us again.

Patricia Kilgore