“Nasty hotel !!!!! :(”

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Nasty hotel !!!!! :(”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We went here for my brothers college orientation in July 2011 and i will have to say would never recommend . When you walk in it was not very inviting and the front desk person looked like earl from my name is earl !!!!!! The elevators are so scary it makes a squeaking sound and is very uncomfterble to ride . The rooms did not even have a flat screen television and the beds had ants in them i even got one in my hair :( They did not have any bathroom stuff they just had bar of soap about the size of a toy boat And there was barley any water in the shower !!!!!!! And there was no free breakfast we hated driving all the way to mcdonalds :( Oh and one more thing since it was summer i brought my bathing suit the pool was very green and mercury you could not even see the water :( So unless you are very poor and can not afford a hampton inn stay in it anyway NOT HERE !!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NY
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Outside of the place looks very nice, the inside ... not so much.
- Bathroom is so tiny you can barely shut the door from the inside
- No shampoo in the shower
- Towels that barely qualify as towels (threadcount of ~10)
- Many of the floor tiles are cracked
- The elevator had no working lights
- Rugs were frayed at the seems
- Table in the room had loose legs
- Burn holes in the bedspread
- Stains on the carpet
- Edges of the dresser are scarred

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Johnson City hotels

Vancouver
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My brother and I stayed here as part of a race packageto attend the Bristol Nascar 2011. We booked the accomodation when it was a Quality Inn and we were advised between the time we booked and departed it had changed to a Motel 6. I had reservations about this but thought how bad could it be in the matter of a couple months.

Older building and the exterior is deplorable. I don't think they have heard of a pressure washer and exterior halls were filthy. One of the vents had been vandalised and was bent outwards and remained that way during our stay. Even saw a bit of graffiti. Needs paint very badly and gives you the creeps even walking down the hall at night. Small pool that had cloudy water the whole time we were there and a tipped over hibachi barbeque that was beside the pool deck. I understand that guests can be picked but it stayed there for 3 days.

If it was any consolation the room was pretty clean other than a stray sock in the corner left from previous guest!! When we checked we realized this is definitely now a Mortel 6. They have removed the iron, ironing board and even the tissue box that is built in to the bathroom vanity!!!!! and the standard old school soap left... No mini fridge and old TV. It was pretty clean though.

The first morning we went for the breakfast. Very standard usual free breakfast stuff. Returned to room and room was already cleaned! However looked a bit closer and found the beds had only been made as we had not used any towels as we checked in late the previous day.

Went to the race on Saturday and ;eft hotel at noon. When we returned the room had not been touched. Phoned down to front desk and the clerk replied, "I'll see what I can do about getting you some towels." I asked him if he was going to see about getting us some towels or were we gonig to get some. We received the towels in 10 minutes.

All in all very very basic. No amenities and this stage of my life I like nicer places. This would have been fine when I was in my early 20's gonig on guys trips but not in my 50's celebrating retirement. but there was no excuse for the exterior....was gross

After the first night

Room Tip: Bring iron if needed and tissues because there are none here
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Tennessee
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Even the operator from Dallas told me over the phone that this hotel was a Quality Inn, but it is NOT A QUALITY INN ANYMORE and hasn't been for a long time now. It is a Motel 6, but very nice - my room was on the third floor and safe, clean, and comfortable. I was super surprised. I was deceived in the end, because I would NEVER rent a room at a Motel 6 (sorry Motel 6-ers) but it ended up being a pleasant stay. I recommend the hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
South Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I normally stay in slightly hire "class" hotels. But, to save money, while traveling, we gave this a try. We used a coupon from a Rest Stop guide. Most other hotel coupons were not valid on Saturday nights, but this one did not say it wasn't. Sure enough, they accepted it with no problems.

The room is small, but did include a refrigerator and microwave. It was nice to empty the cooler and refreeze the ice block overnight.

Bed was comfortable, A/C worked well -- in fact we had to adjust it because the room was too cold initially.

Breakfast was adequate.

I probably wouldn't want an extended stay, but for a place to sleep it was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family