“Great food but credit card mix-up left a sour taste”

Wellington's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wellington's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 335 Restaurants in Johnson City
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Public transit is available.
Description: Wellington's Restaurant is "the dining experience" in Johnson City Tennessee, and will quickly become a favorite to those who desire an exquisite culinary experience in a relaxing setting. With focus on exceptional service and style, Wellington's menu features a Southern American Cuisine, created by their Executive Chef, Heather Ricker. Filled with antique structures, encompassed by warm mahogany and cherry woods, the grand dining room combines a warm, intimate atmosphere with an unforgettable array of tantalizing treats. One antique structure you won't want to miss is the antique bar salvaged from an old bar in Chicago, but Wellington's antique bar is serving up more than just history. Featuring Johnson City's most comprehensive selection of top quality bourbons and whiskeys, as well as an assortment of wines, and spirits for any occasion.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have eaten at this restaurant a few times and it is always delicious. I always order the salmon and it’s always crispy and delicious. This time, one of our party ordered fried chicken and it was a huge portion. My husband had a New York strip. We had appetizers first in the adjoining bar. The crispy fries with duck fat aioli were terrific. We also enjoyed deviled eggs three ways and a charcuterie board. The latter was a bit skimpy to share.
Nevertheless we would have had no complaints about our experience had the waiter not mixed up our check with another table’s. We were charged over $400! The waiter immediately realized his mistake and offered to reverse the charges. However, the charge was still on Am Ex the next day. Calls to the restaurant were futile. The reduction finally showed up a few days later. Not cool when you are traveling and planning to put all charges on the same card.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I had the pork tenderloin with crispy brussel sprouts and sweet mashed potatoes. It was so tasty. I cant remember when I have enjoyed a meal as much as this. My waiter was very friendly and didn't hurry me. I also ate breakfast here and it was equally as good. Also the prices were very reasonable for both meals.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Food quality and presentation was impeccable but the price for the area seems a little steep. Must recommend the crème Brule!!! Something so simple done so well!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I recentlly stayed at the Carnegie Hotel and collectively decided with my wife to eat at the Wellington.This was a Friday night and many of the patrons of the hotel had gone out to eat which was a bonus for us.The bar and restaurant had ample staffing to provide excellent service and a very enjoyable meal .We ordered the chicken dinner with brussel sprouts and fries.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Setvice is very good with a nice ambiance. Dinner is better. I ordered the tomato soup which is very good. I also had their version of an Italian steak sub... the meat was luke warm.... the seasoning was deficient. A shame as Trump would tweet