“Great and unique pizza shop”

Scratch Brick Oven Foodworks
Ranked #7 of 329 Restaurants in Johnson City
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We love Scratch Pizza. It is very different from any other pizza place that we have been to. We order the pizza where you just "trust" them to make you a good one, and they decide what ingredients to put on it. It always good. Love the old record albums that you can play and listen to. The food is always good and the atmosphere is fun. Love this place.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter was sick so we went for takeout.
When you pull up to this converted single family home on a street corner you notice the wood burning by smelling the fragrant smoke and seeing the stone masonry chimney and huge stack of wood.
It's an eclectic vibe and took me awhile to figure the system of ordering out.
I asked the guy behind the counter.
Very friendly service.
You pick you crust and toppings yourself or trust them to just make you a pie!
We ordered a multigrain crust with roasted red peppers and pepperoni roasted garlic and mushrooms.
The scratch refers to a section of the restaurant with a turntable and stacks of classic vinyl albums. I picked Traffic and did as the sign said and changed the record!
His cool is that!
There are album covers all around.
There byob too

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

A really unique pizza place. Wood fired brick oven pizza with your choice of crusts and sauces. I recommend the veggie trust with a French bread crust and pesto sauce. You won’t be disappointed. A little intimidating when you first try to order but helpful staff will guide you. The help yourself atmosphere and honor system of operation is unique in itself. Must try for Johnson City.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The employees were beyond friendly and helpful! The pizza was absolutely amazing, tons of different options and varieties!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This place was highly recommended. It was a little confusing at first but the employees were a great help. The pizza was good. Definitely had the wood fire taste. Guess I didn't circle cheese on my ticket because I got a pizza with no cheese. It was still good. Next time I'm gonna try the "trust" pizza. I hear they do great at surprising you!