“Not your average hotel bar food”
Review of Burger Bar

Burger Bar
Ranked #25 of 335 Restaurants in Johnson City
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We usually do not eat at our hotel for dinner. The food is usually just O.K. But one night we went down to the burger bar, which posted two previous TripAdvisor awards. The beef is locally grown and ground. The burger was tender, incredibly juicy, and they didn't mess with the flavor of the beef with over spice additions. The burgers are custom ordered, hand shaped, with a long list of toppings and options. Worth every penny!

1  Thank Janet T

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We were staying at the Doubletree Hotel and decided to just eat downstairs rather than go out. We ordered the Pork Tenderloin and the Steak Salad. The meat was tender and perfectly cooked for both meals. The Steak Salad was great with generous blue cheese and fresh greens. My 88 year old Dad also had the Pork Tenderloin and ate the entire meal. For the price, the food was fresh and I would certainly eat here again for dinner if we come to a Johnson City. Our waiter was very pleasant and attentive. I would not eat here if you are in a hurry. Atmosphere is relaxed.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Staff were very friendly but food was awful. Pancakes were doughy and eggs were dry/pre-cooked and breakfast variety was awful. Use to having made-to-order eggs so I don't have to deal with pre-cooked stuff...but they weren't offered at this location. Breakfast was so bad, I didn't dare spend money on dinner, which is not cheap here. This may have to do more with this being a Hilton property--all of their food offerings at all of their hotel brands has taken a continuous downward turn in quality over the past five years. It's time to try another hotel chain.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

The staff were amazing and friendly and the food was excellent. Our group had a variety of items from the menu and all were tasty.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is in the Embassy Suites and to be honest I only went in there because the weather was so bad outside and I didn’t want to drive anywhere. Staff was very friendly and food was even better! Most hotel restaurants are over priced with ok food. Not Burger Bar, I had an adult beverage, cheese fries, and a 1/2 lb burger! I couldn’t even eat it all!

2  Thank Linda F