“Home Cookin'”
Review of Salt N' Pepper - CLOSED

Salt N' Pepper
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I've eaten at Salt N' Pepper a number of times -- all fantastic. Finally, a restaurant where the "specials" really ARE special!

Thank D.E. H

Reviewed 29 August 2015

My husband and I took our daughter there on a Saturday afternoon for the first time. We were not happy about the inappropriate super loud music playing. You could barely talk to one another. Also, we don't let our 12 year old listen to "I wanna sex you up" and all of the other gangster rap music that was playing. We ordered bacon cheese fries to start off with and they were really good. Real cheese instead of cheese sauce and real bacon. I ordered the 2 piece chicken dinner with mac n cheese and mashed potatoes for $13.00. The chicken was so bland that I had to add salt(unusual because I never use a salt shaker). I also had to add salt and pepper to the potatoes. The cornbread cake was dry, crumbly and had a weird taste. I honestly think it was probably a few days old. It was not good at all. My husband had the tilapia dinner w/green beans. The green beans were good, however the fish was terribly bland. My husband said "I really don't think they season their batter or meats. His cornbread was just like the piece I had. My daughter had the chicken and waffle. The chicken, bland. The waffle had a nutmeg flavor that was good. My husbands diet pepsi was watered down. I am just sick that we spent a LARGE amount of money on this meal. I would not eat here again. Cracker Barrel has much better chicken and sides. Just very disappointed!

1  Thank Tracie R
Reviewed 3 July 2015 via mobile

The food was great I got the chicken tenders and the seasoning on them are great.. The carrot soufflé is my fav.. The service was really good to.

Thank Elizabeth Trott... C
Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

We don't usually go for lunch because the wait time is long and this wss no exception. Lots of staff, long wait to give our order, long prep time in spite of ordering salad and chicken salad sandwich. The smell of cleaning supplies or stale standing water was off putting. The decor is getting grubby and the table cloths need refreshing. Everyone was pleasant though. Just getting the foid took most of the lunch hour.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

I had lunch here last week with a co-worker visiting our business. He wanted southern cooking so we gave it a try. He said the fried chicken was the best he had ever eaten anywhere. It came with 2 sides and he was really full when we finished. I had a vegetable plate and had plenty of sides to choose from. There is a list of sides each day. The service was good and we enjoyed our meal. I will take the family next time.