“Recent Stay”

Courtyard Johnson City
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 21 January 2012

GREAT Hotel! I stay at many courtyards and this one stands out. Staff is A rate and rooms and overall hotel is excellent. It's one of the nicer courtyard's I've stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank paul h
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Johnson City

Reviewed 5 January 2012

My reviews are based on a road warrior experience that lives in hotels 35-45 week(s) out of a year I look for a little more in a hotel - comfort, soft clean beds/pillows, extremely clean room/hotel, fridge/microware and a staff with good customer service. The hotel is located within 1 mile of the highway and is within walking distances of major shopping areas, tons of franchise restaurants. (small town feel) The hotel is hard to find on your gps, it’s in the back of a newly built strip mall. Google first! The hotel appears to be new and is very appealing, clean and nicely decorated. We had a problem with the front desk person. Call for pricing given one price on the phone, agreed because within company guidelines. Given one price on the phone, upon arriving for check-in was given a totally different price and then told it would change by the day. WOW! The lady at the front desk wanted to converse about this, however another lady stepped in and said go ahead and give him that price. OKAY! This is where it gets strange. Upon approval of the room at that price, the girl crossed out the original room on the 2nd floor and gave us a room on the first floor. That was okay at first sight. During the night and morning there was a noise, thought it was the person above, it wasn't. I will talk about that more later. Woke up to slamming doors, because they put a customer paying for 4-5 days next’s to garbage dumpster, next to the where the employees stand and smoke, next to where they come in and out, next to where they park, next to maintenance person office door that slams slams slams. Even if a do-not disturb sign on the door next to it. Got sick of this to say the least, call the front desk to see if there were other rooms. Walked out to the front desk hoping to resolve this problem. Approached front desk clerk and explained my situation. This desk clerk handled my complaint with a “smile” and said she would move the room and fix the problem. I told her I was going to nap because I had been up all night and most of the morning due to the noise. I awoke to an envelope under my door with a new upgraded room and a handwritten note, Wow good customer service. To rate this room on the first floor, I think 100 or 101 or something, it was noisy. The other noise I spoke on earlier was a heat pump/pipe that runs down the wall and it makes noise all day and night! Nevertheless, the room was extremely clean and nice. The bed and pillows were "not" soft, need work. The room only had a fridge and "no" microwave. The noise from the maids, not sure of. You can hear people in the room next to you and in the halls. There was so much noise not sure what was what. There is no breakfast, I can’t rate that. They have a small restaurant in the lobby, didn't eat there, and can’t rate that. Okay, now to the upgraded room. The room was located on the top floor, (left side/backside facing hotel) a corner room on the backside of the hotel facing the cow beautiful pastures. The room was a suite and later found out it was one of their better rooms. The room was extremely clean and nice. The bed and pillows were not the greatest, not soft at all. There was a fridge and microwave in this room. Due to staying in the back room I can't speak on the noise level. The train tracks are within eye sight and you can hear the train every 4-5 hours which isn’t that loud. Overall the room we were given on the 2nd round was great with the exception of the train and bed. The second desk clerk extremely nice, professional and understood guest services and Marriott-Courtyard standards. Not sure but I don’t think the first desk clerk understood the level of standards or didn’t care if we took of business to another hotel. In my mind, when someone checks in on business and books almost a week you should accommodate them. Surely they will return or refer fellow employees to that franchise or hotel. Nevertheless, based on the "second" desk clerk we returned the next week for 5 days.

Room Tip: First - the location, Google it first, some gps won't pick up the location or will take you to a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Ghawell99
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed here for three nights with my two year old son and my mother. My sister lives in Gray, TN so this hotel was close enough to drive each day. The hotel is located in a shopping center off of North State of Franklin Road which is close to shopping and malls in Johnson City. The address to use for your GPS to find it is 1100 North State of Franklin Road since the hotel address does not exist yet. There is no defined "road" to the hotel yet, there is a gravel drive that is marked off with wire to lead you to the hotel. You have to turn on to Med-Tech Parkway across from Franklin Woods Hospital to get to the shopping center where the hotel is located since there is not direct access from the main road. The hotel is new, clean, and the staff were friendly. The wireless internet is free but the breakfast is not and is way over priced. The soft drink machine lists $2.50 for a bottled 20 ounce Pepsi, I thought my mom was going to faint when she saw that. The rooms have refrigerators so you can buy drinks somewhere cheaper and keep them in the room. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows might as well have been made from concrete but I am used to sleeping on a memory foam mattress and pillows so that is probably why I was so miserable. Overall it was a good stay, it was hard to find someone at the front desk most of the time but the people that worked there were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are quieter as they are further away from the construction. The...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank plail30
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stay at this hotel and several others every month because I travel for my job. The staff at the Johnson City Courtyard are outstanding. Victoria is their brightest and best employee, when she is working I am gauranteed a big smile and a great greeting upon my arrival.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Great hotel. The room was amazing (Larger King)! Very nice and courteous staff. Check-in was a breeze! However, it took forever for the hot water in the shower to heat to an enjoyable temperature. The directions from Mapquest directed us to a closed road!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple