“Wish There Was a Maple Street Where I Live...”

Maple Street Biscuit Company- Johnson City
Ranked #54 of 335 Restaurants in Johnson City
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Description: Comfort food with a modern twist.
Description: Comfort food with a modern twist.
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Oh man, if ONLY there was a Maple Street Biscuit shop near where I live!!! We found this little place in Tennessee and LOVED IT. It is quite new - super clean and shiny. The seating is "family style" but if you aren't the type to want to sit with strangers and chat there are plenty of places to sit on your own.

Like other reviewers have mentioned, instead of giving you a number or asking for your name to holler when your order is ready, they ask you a QUESTION. That actually made it fun - every time an order is ready they shout out the person's answer to the question (in February it is, "Who is your celebrity crush?") and you get to see who comes up to get the order :).

The food is ammmmmazing! Like, super delicious. The gravy is spicy, but that is a GOOD THING in my book. The cinnamon roll biscuit was yummy. Coffee is self serve and you get it in a MUG as opposed to a paper cup (extra points for mugs, keeps your coffee hot and is better for the environment). The prices were really reasonable for the amount of food you get.

The staff were super duper friendly and made the dining experience even better. The manager was great - professional but friendly with the employees and guests.

I will definitely check more Maple Street Biscuit locations out when I travel. 2 thumbs UP!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, very clean, good service and great food. The waffle is my favorite. The waffle mix has goat cheese and bacon in it. The maple syrup is the real thing. The apple butter and B2 jam are made with no preservatives on the premises. B2 is a blueberry and blackberry combination. Sweet potato fries are some of the best I’ve had. The grits are super yummy. If you like breakfast food, you can’t go wrong. The salad in a jar looks good but have not tried yet. Oh and the Mac and cheese will not disappoint with its five different cheeses!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

First off I like the atmosphere when coming in. The menu has different types of biscuits and sides. I got the biscuit that had Goat cheese and Spinach and a side order of sweet potato fries my husband got the Five. We also got one of the sea salt chocolate Chip cookies and Blueberry goat cheese pies. I also like that you give them a name of your favorite band so when your order is ready that is what they call out. Our food was Delicious. This is a place,I will definitely go back too. As far as price, it depends . Plenty of food that will feel you up, so I will let each person decide if they feel it was high.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We are not fans of communal seating. Very noisy when busy. We will probably go back after the "new" wears off. But good food.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Had breakfast here on New Year's Day. We had seen a crowd here and decided to give it a try. I had the grits bowl without meat and a biscuit with apple butter and my husband had the garden veggie something. I asked for my eggs to be well done. They were still runny when I got them. I guess they do not do them well done. My husband said his was good but for the price of $12 he expected much more than he got. Mine was $7 and then adding the biscuit was another $3. Really, grits are not expensive! Our order was slow to come out so they brought us 2 mini cinnamon biscuits for our wait. They were delicious and we appreciated that they noticed our order had taken longer than it should have.

Would we go back? Not sure. There are so many other places that have good breakfast in JC and for much less in price. As is the case in JC, once everyone has had a chance to try a new restaurant, I think they will see a decline in their business.

Bethany M, Guest Relations Manager at Maple Street Biscuit Company- Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for being our guest! We hope that you had a chance to meet your Community Leader Brandon.
We only use quality ingredients that you would be proud to feed your family. Our prices reflect that quality. We are very sorry for the wait and also your eggs not cooked correctly. We want to make this right and have you back on us. Please come back and visit us and let us know if we did better. Ask for Brandon and he will treat you right.

We would love for you to give us another chance and hope to see you soon.

Bethany