Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Johnson City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 June 2017

My overall impression about the staff was beyond exemplary. Service, at times is a forgotten and lost art. Once you have experienced it, as I have, you know immediately when it is lacking or non existent. The entire staff from check-in to check-out provided me with total and complete respect, kindness, and we even laughed and told stories, some mine and some theirs.

We are all humans traveling this world. We journey together and sometimes we are alone and are our own path. Sometimes we get lost and loose our focus. They helped me keep my focus and stay safe. I am traveling by myself but I was not alone. My Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis is what it is. I have no excuses anymore. These total strangers cared about me, a total stranger, and treated me like family.

Cameron (CAM) is a solid, well spoken gentlemen who knows without exception how to treat others with respect. He is mature beyond his years and will go far in life. I will remember him forever. He deserves all the happiness the world had to offer.

To the housecleaning staff: My apologies to them for not getting their names. I was distracted trying to increase my Spanish vocabulary, I now know soap is (jabon ??) and shampoo is shampoo. Machina ?? de ice, I'll look that up later.

Jessica and I laughed and laughed, She had cherries in her hair. That story is between the two of us. She knows what I have chosen to be in my next lifetime. You can tell anyone you want. With that said, as I am writing this, she is helping book my next destination, A BEST WESTERN, as I am on my way to spend the summer at mother's home in up state New York.

Safe travels to all and please be kind to others. You have no idea what they may have to deal with right now. They, you and the global community deserve and need it.

Mark Allen McConnell
STAY BEST WESTERN.

Room Tip: Talk to them. They will help you.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
BWJCHIE M, Manager at Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Thank you so much for the great comments! We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us. I showed the staff your comments and they loved them!
Safe travels and we hope to see you again!

Sincerely.
Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 27 June 2017

First, there were dead mice in one of the rooms! Not OK! The rooms in the older part are horribly musty and humid. The carpets were wet, for goodness sake. The pool was closed by the health department when we arrived. It did re-open, but still! One person in our friend group had the keys to her room given to 2 drunk men at 12:30 am because they somehow forgot to put her in the room in the system after they gave it to her. Again, thank goodness she had put on the bar that denies entry from the outside, or she and her 10 year old daughter would have had the men in their room as they slept! Then, the desk person had the audacity to laugh about it when she called down. the men stayed there and banged their bags against the door because they couldn't get in. How fun! NOT! They were out of towels because they were full. The air conditioning didn't work well enough to cool the rooms. I guess I could go on and ON, but I'm pretty sure that's enough to tell you to STAY AWAY! Oh, one last thing. Don't try to get anything from the breakfast area at 9:31, because they lock the door and shut it right at 9:30 and they are not refilling any food after 9, maybe even earlier.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank melissarp92
BWJCHIE M, Manager at Best Western Johnson City Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

We are sorry to hear that you had issues with your room.
The pool was already closed by us to repair a light when the pool inspector came by. She had to put a sign on it but removed it as soon as the light was reset.
Your other comments are related to another guest and was not your personal observations. The desk did make an error with checking in a previous guest. The "drunk guys" you referred to were firemen who checked in late, went into the restaurant for approx 40 minutes for food and 2 drinks.
Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Great service - Great Breakfast - Awesome Pool - Great Shopping & Restaurants close-by & I appreciated the staff opening the breakfast room for us to visit with my Uncle & Aunt and cousin, they are elderly and they don't walk all that well

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Safe travels and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We were in town for a FAMILY REUNION. We drove from Kannapolis NC which took us 3 hrs. Their was a HICUP on my mom's room but the staff was very professional and got everything straightened out. Our housekeeper was very impressive. She was in TOP OF HER GAME when it came to her job. We were in rooms 162/166. If we're ever in Johnson City TN, e will make reservations to this Best Western

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

We appreciate great guests like you and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

This was the first time I have stayed at this Best Western. I was expecting a better quality facility. I have stayed at other Best Western's and have enjoyed my stay. It was obvious that the hotel needed has some general maintenance both inside and outside. The carpet in my room was so dirty that black dirt came off of my feet in the shower. I not saying I will never stay at this hotel again but it will not be my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback. It helps us to improve. We appreciate you taking the time to respond to the survey and apologize that your stay was less than you expected.