All reviews fire pit oatmeal very comfortable room stores and restaurants walk in shower would stay here again newer hotel spent one night great place to stay would highly recommend this hotel great bed union university the breakfast area very nice hotel front desk staff easy access great customer service
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this inn a week ago for a weekend getaway. We were so pleased with our experience here! The hotel was clean, the decor was hip and colorful, and every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. We had a room with a king size bed and I told my husband more than once that I wanted to take that bed home with me. lol Super comfy! The breakfast included with the stay was satisfactory. I especially liked the hot oatmeal and all the toppings you could add to it. We needed to do some shopping and this hotel is near lots of places to shop and eat. So convenient! We also didn’t have to drive far to visit Century Farm Winery and Cypress Grove Nature Park. We plan and staying here again next time we stay overnight in Jackson.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for your kind review! We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I was very hesitant to stay at another Marriott ever again (I even had another room booked in Jackson), but talked with the Manager, Beth, a couple of times, and ultimately decided to stay because of her.

When I got there on a Sunday night, everything was great. I didn't get my wake- up call, but that's ok. I'm not worried about the small stuff here. Everything was pretty good until Thursday morning. I checked in on Sunday night, and didn't get my Monday wake-up call or Wednesday wake-up call. It was fine. I still always set the alarm on my phone too just in case. There was a new lady working the breakfast area come Thursday. She was so rude. She was talking to adults like they were children when they locate the plates to get started. She never smiled once. Not even a smurk. As I was getting my apple juice, a man came down dressed in a suit and a lady came down in what appeared to be her pajamas. The breakfast attendant started talking to the businessman about her attire! They were trying to talk in a lower tone, but I heard it and so did the lady. She looked at me like she was going to cry, hurried and grabbed a few things, and took off. It was pitiful! Who knows what that lady might be going through, but she was clothed (whether it was pajamas or business attire), and did NOT deserve to be talked about.The next day came, Friday, and the same breakfast attendant was working. I immediately was bummed out. This time, there was quite a bit of people eating breakfast. She would "bark" at people, tell them they couldn't do this or they needed to do that. Again, never smiled and was very unfriendly. For people to see her and deal with her, right before there day begins is horrible. Most people want to be greeted with a smile and a good morning, and have someone ask if there is anything they need, etc.

Now, the room was great! The bed was super comfortable and it had a very large shower. I was a little disappointed there wasn't a tub, but it was ok. The property is located in a great area, with plenty of restaurants, shops, etc.

If they can adjust Benita's attitude (breakfast area), I would have 0 complaints about the property, but the unprofessionalism she showed (And, keep in mind, I only saw it for 2 days), and it was enough to never want to stay again. No one wants to deal with that before they get their day started......such a great property. I'm really surprised that management allows this type of behavior......there were many eye exchanges between guests when she started barking at other guests getting their breakfast. Just so unnecessary!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SLT08

Hello SLT08! This is not the type of review that we are accustomed to receiving. This issue will be addressed internally, but after our phone conversations on two occasions I am a little disappointed that you didn't reach back out to me so that I could immediately address. Having said that, often times the only way that we can get to the root of issues that we need to improve upon is from customer feedback!

I am glad to know that you found the room to be to your liking. All of our king rooms and king suites have the walk-in showers. For future reference, a room with two queen beds would provide you with a bathtub.

Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I traveled from Chicago to Tennessee for the weekend to look at some properties. It was kind of a last minute decision so I didn't have as much time to plan the trip as i would normally do. we just went on a whim. When it came time for us to find a place for the night, we were undecided on the best place to stay. We were looking for something affordable, clean and comfortable. We came across the Fairfield and couldn't have been happier. Front desk clerk was very friendly and chit chatted with us while getting us registered. The room was a little on the smaller side (if you plan on spending more time in the room than what we did) but we had plenty of room. Very clean. Bed was super comfortable! Bathroom was nice, loved the walk-in shower. The breakfast was a good start to our morning. The hot items were tasty along with the variety of other breakfast items available. Highly recommend..and will stay again when in the area.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hello! We are so happy to hear that you found your hotel for visiting our area! We hope to see you again soon.

Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this location twice during a round trip to Ohio and back to Texas. I picked the property based on other TripAdvisor reviews. The room was very clean and spacious. Property appears to be fairly new and we had no problems with anything in the room. Staff was very friendly upon check in and checkout. The breakfast was pretty good, consisting of eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, cereal and fruit.

We did not use the pool, which is indoors, but it looks nice enough.

I was impressed enough with the property to book it again on our return trip. Will definitely stay at this property again when we travel that way.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mark w
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you, Mark W, for your review! We hope to see you again soon.

Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Superior! From the reservation to check out was amazing! Brittany who works front desk had great customer service and was a tremendous help. Clean and very professional staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Travis F,
From the entire staff of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson, thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks as well for mentioning Brittney! She's our Front Desk Manager, and she does an outstanding job for us all.

Should your travel bring you back this way, we hope you'll choose Fairfield Inn & Suites again.