All reviews waffles room was clean biscuits stay there again restaurants and shopping checking out great place to stay staff was very friendly one night stay debbie cereal tn gravy pet
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Oh my! There was NOTHING good about this place. One person at the desk, sometimes. The carpet it the hall and the rooms were stained. The bathroom was falling apart. The gap under AND around the door was so big that snakes could've gotten in them. If there was a light bulb burned out, it stayed burned out. I never took my shoes off. The breakfast area was pitiful. The side of the tables do not get cleaned, milk spilled all down the sides. The milk came in a gallon jug that you shared with everyone else. The sausage, biscuits and eggs were frozen. We had to wait for the woman at the front desk to go to the storage closet to get a frozen box, pop it in the microwave then dump the contents into the plastic container on the counter, grease and all. No thank you. It was the filthiest place we have ever stayed at. The most unfriendly staff we've ever ran into. The woman at night hardly spoke any English, never greeted us when we arrived and then just stared at us when we were checking in (with a reservation). Creepy place, don't stay here. Oh, and when we were getting into the car the next morning, a woman in a car pulled up next to us (in a fake panic mode) saying that her purse had been stolen at the previous exit, she had no money, no phone, etc. but she would sell us her diamond earrings for some money, blah, blah, blah. We were afraid she was going to pull a gun on us and rob us. We told her we had no money and pulled out. Then we saw her pull into another hotel next door. I guess it's her way of begging, rather than standing on the street corner with a cardboard sign.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms here.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2018

We stayed September 13, very disappointed, the mattresses was lumpy, and the A/C was so noisy did not get much sleep, breakfast was supposed to be 6:30-9:30.
Well it did not happen, husband went to get coffee and there was none, and someone had really burnt a waffle so the waffle baker could not be used, orange juice came out as water. I had yogurt and my husband had a dry muffin.
Was told that someone did not show up, so the person at the front desk was also trying to prepare breakfast too.

Room Tip: Beware ,seems there is a lot of buses that bring teenagers to this location not sure why.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We stayed here a couple of years ago and the facility was well kept, comfortable. Boy has that changed. The carpets in the hallways and rooms was worn, stained and not clean. The curtains in the room came from the 5 & 10 store and were worn, The bath was not very clean either. The rate is the lowest in the area and there is a reason as mentioned above. The only positive was the front desk person, Donna. She was very helpful in room selection away from Interstate, and very friendly. On the contrary, when checking out the front desk person did not know how to print a receipt not speak much english, had to wait to owner or manager to come a print receipt.I will not stay here again on the next trip thru Jackson and am surprised that Wyndom puts there name on this hotel

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

I recommend this Howard Johnson to everyone. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was awesome. The desk clerks were very nice and helpful. The location was great since we came to go to Casey Jones Museum.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

This is just an ok place. No AC in the halls and kinda smelly. The room was hot when we got in there and was not as clean as expected. Found dog food in the floor a used medicine cup in the nite stand drawer. It was just not vacuumed well at all but for the price it served its purpose. I don't expect I'll book any more rooms via any means but directly with the hotel chain. Since I prepaid, I lost a $15.00 discount because the room wasn't as the pic shown here on thru Trip Advisor. I can call the front desk and find out what I need to know before I book in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family