“It is a place to stay”

Howard Johnson Inn Jackson
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped at the Howard Johnson in Jackson TN when we could go no further on our trip. It was the only place in town that had availability. The room was mostly clean, but it had a faint cigarette smell. Also there was mold on the ceiling of the bathroom. It also looks like it could use a physical update.
The breakfast bar was ok.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Needed a place to stay for a Saturday night. Trying to save some money, we decided to stay here for one night since the hotel we wanted to stay at was double the price just for Saturday night. I read a lot of the reviews on here and it seemed decent. Well I was wrong, really wrong! When I walked in it seemed nice and the staff was very friendly. The hotel is also in a pretty good location. But then when I got into the room I was horrified. There was food crumbs everywhere, on the carpets, in the microwave and even in the bed!!! (Gross). The phone and end tables looked like they haven't been dusted or wiped in years. Dead bugs near the window and in the corners of the bathroom. Then there was some brown stains (I don't even want to know what it was) on the back of the bathroom door. I tried to wipe a little off to see if it was just the door or something (trying to ease my mind) and it came right off when I wiped it and I seriously almost threw up. The shower head had so much black mold on it I didn't even want to shower. (And come on is it really that hard to spray a shower head with a little bit of bleach?) I told my boyfriend I didn't think I could spend the night there because of how disgusting I felt just standing in that room. Luckily the people at the front desk were really nice and gave me my money back. But my advice would be DO NOT STAY HERE. Pay the extra money and stay somewhere nice it's worth it! Shame on the cleaning staff at this one. If they even have cleaning staff.....

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Stay while driving thru on our way home. Friendly staff, room appeared clean, but stepped on a capsule pill when I woke up (I don't carry any). Kind of scary if my small dog would have eaten it. The air conditioner cooled the room quickly but it was extremely LOUD if you're a light sleeper better bring good ear plugs. Breakfast was fresh and good, thanks for the homemade waffles it was exactly what I wanted!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple