“Exactly as expected”
Review of Courtyard Jackson

Courtyard Jackson
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It’s a Courtyard. Very comfortable, spacious, in good repair, clean, friendly staff and convienient, right off the hiway. Easy access to many restaurants. There is a bistro offering a good selection of craft beers and various things to eat if you don’t want to go anywhere. Beds are very comfortable. Amenities are Paul Mitchell. Tv channels offer a good selection along with some internet apps like Netflix and Hulu. The first nite, the 8nternet access in the room was quite good. It allowed me to stream a program from my DVR at home, however the second nite it’s pretty poor. When I run a speedtest, it pings at 54 ms and will only d/l at 2.75 Mbps. That was the free internet. There is a pay internet option but Marriot members are supposed to get free high speed internet and this isn’t it. There’s a large fridge inthe room, mine was kinda noisey, a drone thru the night but it worked. A funky little one-cup coffee maker I didn’t use. A microwave I didn’t use and a little sound system with older Ipod input, I also didn’t use. All in all, not a bad place to stay. Not perfect but pretty good. About what you would expect from a Courtyard. After all, I’m not going to live there, just looking for a comfortable place to stay for business for 2 days. I do really like the town of Jackson, what I saw of it. A nice friendly small town.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Doug C, Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. We very much appreciate it. I have shared your review with the entire staff. Thank you. Doug C GM

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We chose this hotel because it had an indoor pool - sadly, it's in a completely closed room and was about 900 degrees in there. The pool was tiny. The hot tub was okay. The lobby is very, very nice, but we didn't take advantage of the Starbucks. There is no complimentary breakfast. The room was adequate, but housekeeping had unplugged our tv, so we had to call the desk & they sent someone up & then the next morning before 8AM, there was a fight in the hallway - slamming doors, screaming, and then crying - that lasted until about 9:30. It was scary. Okay for one night, but not planning a return trip.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Doug C, General Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Jackson.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and I am sorry to hear that we did not met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service. The issues you mentioned have been addressed and will use your comments to better serve all of our future guests.

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Jackson and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Jackson.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a typical Courtyard, albeit a little tired in the rooms. Public areas were fine. Staff is excellent! Our issue: loud music coming from the room next door which, we found out, was occupied by people staying at the Marriott employee rate of about $30. We are Platinum level travelers and had to be moved. Frankly Marriott should have a policy that if an employee staying at a Marriott property at a discount causes great discomfort to a paying guest they either lose their job or the ability to use the employee rate ever again. Loud music in the late afternoon is an early warning sign of things to come as the laugher was getting louder and the ice was being brought in. For us, Jackson was a layover city on a lot no drive. The hotel is convenient to the interstate but you have to drive to find a restaurant, maybe 10minutes or so.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Doug C, General Manager at Courtyard Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay at our Courtyard in Jackson. We regret any inconvenience you have experienced, and we assure you that we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer.
The Courtyard In Jackson always strive to provide the best service to our guests and especially to regular guest such as yourself and on this occasion we did not exceed your basic expectation. I would like to offer my apology for the noise in the hotel.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This is an awesome hotel! The staff goes out of their way to be of assistance. Coco and Keya are amazing and represent your hotel well.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us in Jackson TN. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our team treated you like family. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Thanks,

Richard

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I truly love the staff at this hotel!! They remember who you are and want your needs are!! Coco and Keya are truly amazing employees!!

I've never felt more at home!!

When I arrive, I know I'm in excellent hands and will be taken care of!!!

Thank you ladies!!

Stayed: September 2017
Management response:Responded 27 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us in Jackson TN. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our team treated you like family. We hope you will come back and see us again when in the area.

Thanks,