All reviewsbusiness centerpancake machinethe hotel staffhalfway pointunder renovationindoor poolpancakesmake a u turnyogurttypical hiewithout a doubtnice breakfastbeds were very comfortablebusiness visitwould stay here againstaff was very friendlywe've stayed
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Staying here on business and enjoyed my stay. The rooms were nice and clean the staff very friendly. Rooms and lobby area is nice to work and relax. Fit the bill for what I needed. If your in the area stay here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Typical HIE - the young person who helped me make my reservation and checked me in was fantastic. It was a spur of the moment reservation - and she found my Priority Club #. The breakfast staff was very friendly - typical HIE spread - ok - not great. The bed was great. My only issues were:

1. their renovation - not that great - cheap carpet, etc.
2. room smelled like paint - i got by but they shouldn't put people in rooms that still smell.
3. actually hard to get there from the freeway

I'll stay again though - and if you're passing by, it's a winner.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I used to come to Harriman every Christmas to have a family reunion of sorts. My family lives in 3 different states, in 4 different cities. I remember that for a long time, the Holiday Inn Express was best choice as I've stayed at 2 other well known chains and they were horrible. I haven't been back here in 3 years and they have remodeled the entire hotel and it is wonderful. Clean, modern, quiet rooms. Comfortable temp control in rooms. Nice, bright bathrooms. I love the soft lighting in the main room. Huge TV, plenty of room even with 2 queen beds. Hot free breakfast is great. I have noticed that because of Holiday Inn Express that the other hotels have had to up their game to compete. I'll just keep coming back to Holiday Inn Express.
Be aware of high school sports tourneys because they tend to stay there when in town. I had a girls and boys basketball teams, coaches, families stay there 2 nights while I was there. It just made it a little noisy, but thankfully they calmed down in the evening. That many high schoolers made getting breakfast difficult. They filled up the lobby! I should've gotten up earlier. My only complaint is the elevator was painfully slow. Parking is plentiful, the building is situated on a hill above a soon to be open Sushi and Hibachi Restaurant. The staff are all professional and very friendly.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Kingy026
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Just traveling through. One of the best Holiday Inn Express we have stayed at. Wife and I always try to stay at HIE. Staff very friendly and helpful. Clean and fresh room, just updated. Fresh breakfast. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017

As others have written the hotel is newly renovated. So the lobby area was nice, although not completely finished. And the room was well appointed. The free breakfast was top notch.

But the noise on several levels made sleeping ultimately a challenge.

The hotel is located across the street from and active freight train line. The trains were noisy and the train whistles throughout the night were disturbing. Perhaps a room facing the back of the property would be quieter.

In the room the air conditioner was very loud every time it cycled on. It was powerful for such a small room and could easily be turned down to lower level and still be effective.

The alarm clock went off at midnight even though we did not set it. It might be a good idea for the cleaning staff to check this when servicing the rooms.

There was the sound of water running periodically and we never could determine the source.

And, of course, the repeated sound of the doors banging in adjacent rooms woke us more than once. I never could understand why hotels could not have doors that close quietly.

So all in all a very nice place with potential but I don't see how we could stay there again given the difficulty we had sleeping.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank g0ldmine848
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Harriman, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear g0ldmine848,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to see your high rating with regards to the service you received. On the other hand, I am very sorry for the experience you had with the condition of your room, specially the air-conditioner and alarm clock. I am also sorry for the inconvenience you had with the noise which affected your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For this reason, we find your comments troubling. Nevertheless, I've noted down your comments and passed them over to our internal teams so they can check the areas that may need further/more attention.

Anthony M