“Fabulous pizza ! ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We ordered a take out pizza from Mellow Mushroom as our little boy was playing in the kids play cafe next door. We ordered the 14"pizza which was more than enough between 3 adults and our little one who's 3......he was more interested in playing ! The pizza was really tasty, lots of topping on it and was made with what looked like a wholemeal kind of dough. We really enjoyed our pizza from here and would definitely come back again !

Germantown T, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Gymsusie,
Thanks for the great review! We love taking care of our kids play family as well!

See you soon!

Steve Meek
Owner- Mellow Mushroom, Germantown

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

First day we went and our waitress was Angie. She was great and was on top of everything. Second time around not so much. We had Stephanie as our waitress. We sat outside and waited 10 mins before she came to get our drink order. Gave her our food order and when it came it wasn't correct. She never came to check on us. The guy waiters were better with their customers than she was. When it came time to leave I wrote a note at the top of the receipt saying " Needs more training", as we were walking out she was reading it aloud and started laughing. The food was really good, besides her, it's a great place to eat.

1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

I read so many reviews and had friends tell me I needed to try this place. We do not regret it one bit. We had fast friendly service. The food was great and our waitress super nice! Anastasila said she had just moved here from Russia in the last few months and she was so sweet. Nice job to all!

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We didn't really want to eat here because we have a rule not to eat at chain restaurants when on vacation but since we don't have one of these at home, we bent our rule.

We started with the bruschetta and it was so fresh and flavorful. It was pretty too! We then got the Caesar Salad and again it was fresh, had a sufficient amount of dressing and the portion was worth the price.

The waiter brought our order before we finished our salads and bruschetta, which is a big pet peeve and since the restaurant was not even half full there was no need to rush us.

I was concerned at first about my hoagie, it was The Big Cheese on pita bread and it looked a bit sad. But once I bit into it, I realized it had 3 layers of tomatoes, cheese and bacon. Very filing and delicious! My husband's shrimp hoagie was a little skimpy on the shrimp but he said it was good. Plus his bread got all soagy from sitting while he finished his salad.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

My wife and I have been to Mellow Mushroom a couple of times now. the food was so good the first time we had to go back. The staff are quite friendly and often check if we needed anything.

Of course, the pizza is great - each pie is hand-tossed. The ingredients are fresh, and when all mixed together, they make for a mouthful of flavor, actually many mouthfuls. In fact, you may end up taking some home for later since you can get pleasantly full.

While I haven't sampled everything yet (I'm working on it), I can say that I enjoyed the Buffalo Chicken Pizza on our first visit. The BBQ Chicken, caramelized onions, BBQ sauce and Ranch dressing swirled around make for one great tasting pizza. It was so good that I almost got it again on our second visit.

Almost.

I decided to go with the Mighty Meaty Pizza (5 Meats) - man, can you believe it?? It was incredible too. And, yes, I took some of it home too.

I could go on, but you owe it to yourself to come sample the menu. I think I may try the "Build Your Own Calzone" next time. Mmmm.