“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

I read so many reviews and had friends tell me I needed to try this place. We do not regret it one bit. We had fast friendly service. The food was great and our waitress super nice! Anastasila said she had just moved here from Russia in the last few months and she was so sweet. Nice job to all!

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We didn't really want to eat here because we have a rule not to eat at chain restaurants when on vacation but since we don't have one of these at home, we bent our rule.

We started with the bruschetta and it was so fresh and flavorful. It was pretty too! We then got the Caesar Salad and again it was fresh, had a sufficient amount of dressing and the portion was worth the price.

The waiter brought our order before we finished our salads and bruschetta, which is a big pet peeve and since the restaurant was not even half full there was no need to rush us.

I was concerned at first about my hoagie, it was The Big Cheese on pita bread and it looked a bit sad. But once I bit into it, I realized it had 3 layers of tomatoes, cheese and bacon. Very filing and delicious! My husband's shrimp hoagie was a little skimpy on the shrimp but he said it was good. Plus his bread got all soagy from sitting while he finished his salad.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

My wife and I have been to Mellow Mushroom a couple of times now. the food was so good the first time we had to go back. The staff are quite friendly and often check if we needed anything.

Of course, the pizza is great - each pie is hand-tossed. The ingredients are fresh, and when all mixed together, they make for a mouthful of flavor, actually many mouthfuls. In fact, you may end up taking some home for later since you can get pleasantly full.

While I haven't sampled everything yet (I'm working on it), I can say that I enjoyed the Buffalo Chicken Pizza on our first visit. The BBQ Chicken, caramelized onions, BBQ sauce and Ranch dressing swirled around make for one great tasting pizza. It was so good that I almost got it again on our second visit.

Almost.

I decided to go with the Mighty Meaty Pizza (5 Meats) - man, can you believe it?? It was incredible too. And, yes, I took some of it home too.

I could go on, but you owe it to yourself to come sample the menu. I think I may try the "Build Your Own Calzone" next time. Mmmm.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

Although this place is for families and the younger crowd, we older folks enjoy going every so often. The side salads are enough for two with each of us ordering a small pizza. Our taste buds enjoyed the Caesar pizza with salad on the top and the Thai Dye pizza with an Asian flare. The staff was very kind when our pizza tray slid off the stand onto the floor with half the pizza. A replacement was brought in a short amount of time and the comment made that that happens more than you would think. Thanks for great customer service.

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I first went to a Mellow Mushroom in Sandy Springs, Ga. We have been to several in Georgia, before we moved to Germantown. We were happy to see the Mellow Mushroom come. They have pretty good parking and the wait is generally only 15 minutes. They offer a full bar and several flat screen tv for sports. You will see a lot of families here. It is a great place for all. The pizzas a made to order and they offer many types of beer. The wait staff is young and full of life. They offer items other than just pizza, but that what we go for. I recommend this highly for anyone of any age.