“Worth a try”

Ranked #37 of 369 Restaurants in Franklin
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Soups, American, Cafe, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cool Cafe blends "Fine Southern Food" and scratch cookin' for a scrumptious and hearty meal for lunch and dinner. We serve lunch Sunday through Friday and dinner Monday through Thursday. Entrees, like Fried Chicken, Meatloaf, Pot Roast, and Chef's Specials such as Lemon Baked Chicken, Baked Tilapia and Chicken Mexico, team up with a variety of freshly cooked vegetables such as, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Fried Corn, Turnip Greens, White Beans, Creamed Spinach, Fried Okra and Mac and Cheese. All are served with your choice of yeast rolls or cornbread. One of our special items, served Sunday through Thursday, is HOT CHICKEN on white bread and served with homemade pickles. What a treat! If you would like something "Cool", try our Cool Salads: Broccoli Salad (Tim's special recipe), Cole Slaw, Cranberry Salad, 3 Bean Salad, Pea Salad, Potato Salad, and delectable Chicken Salad made with green grapes and a special creamy sauce. And don't miss the old fashioned, just like Grandma used to make, Deviled Eggs! A must have is dessert, and oh, what choices there are! The house special served everyday is the World Famous Banana Pudding, made from scratch pudding, fresh bananas, vanilla wafers and a 5 inch cloud of real meringue! Then there are the fruit cobblers, two choices daily, apple, cherry, peach, and blackberry. The daily specials rotate and there are choices like made from scratch Brownies with house-made caramel sauce, and Chocolate Chip Cookies. There are a variety of cupcakes, Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing, and Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Icing! Be on the lookout for new and/or seasonal desserts, such as Pumpkin or Pecan Pie!
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Worth a try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Our party of four went after church this morning. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it might be but was filling up quickly as we left. My husband and I shared an over-ample portion of the homemade meatloaf which was pretty good. He got the creamed sweet corn and I have to say, my taste of that was excellent. My creamed potatoes were quite good as well. Hubby got pintos and some turnip greens and cornbread. I ate the Brussels sprouts which, were not hot so, a little disappointing. We shared a piece of carrot cake that, aside from being cold, was good. He drank water and I, iced tea. Our tab was a bit over $21. Since we split the meat and dessert and had only one drink, it seemed a little high.
I appreciate the effort when people cook wholesome food from scratch. I don't enjoy eating off paper plates and drinking out of styrofoam, jammed up between tiny tables full of people. I think I prefer what our elderly companion does-a sit down restaurant where someone serves you--and you eat off real plates.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Great Southern Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I am from NJ so not used to a place like this! Great home cooked food in a Boston Market type atmosphere. Where you pick the 3 choices of meat you want and either 1,2 or 3 sides. Fried chicken so cooked perfect and so juicy! Mashed potatoes and gravy were great, the corn was awesome, and the homemade macaroni & cheese is just like my grandmother used to make. Got a side of homemade banana cream pudding and it was the best I've ever had! Wish we had something like this in NJ!!!!!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Our favorite place to eat in franklin!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Away from the mall you'll find this gem of a cafe tucked away in a little strip mall. We eat here often and have never had a bad meal. The menu rotates daily and the fried chicken is aways perfection, with the fried catfish running a close second! Our favorite dessert is the cherry cobbler although the banana pudding is also outstanding. Kind of pricey for a meat and three, but oh so worth it.

• Visited September 2011
Tennessee
“Excellent meat & 3”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Large choice of vegetables and cooked perfectly. Nice ambience, very clean, friendly and helpful staff. Banana pudding almost as good as my grandmother's. Small entre choice but still quite excellent.

• Visited August 2011
Tennessee
“Yum!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I have sent my husband in for lunch takeout several times when I am working, it's really worth the trip!! The food is always fresh, delicious, great southern cooking options. Best friend chicken I have found in the area. Not so wowed with the cobblers and other dessert options but the banana pudding is good!

Visited July 2011

Been to Cool Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK