“decent hotel”

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Columbia City, Indiana
“decent hotel”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This was our first stay at a La Quinta. It was quiet and nice and clean. My family enjoyed the pool and spa. We left early so did not have breakfast. It was served at 8am which was a little too late for early travellers. They also allow pets. We did see several but were not disturbed by them. Although, my husband wasn't keen on the idea of possibly having slept on a bed a dog may have also used. The beds and pillows were comfortable. One family member is allergic to cigarette smoke and the room was fresh with no hint of smoking noted. We felt safe there. We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Read all reviews by other consumers--they are invaluable
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We took a family trip to Pigeon Forge (March 2012). We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way out. It was cheap but for obvious reasons.

Things were not up to snuff with what I consider any decent hotel (and I know, I travel a lot for work). We actually had Mold in the shower. The next morning my wife tried to flush the toilet and the handle fell off.

The staff was nice, ill give them that. However, they double billed my room to my check card! I was checking out with my father in law and they for some reason put his room on my card. Luckily it was family so he just cut me a check for the room. Had it not been I would likely have had to call La Quinta and fought for the money back.

This hotel is also a fairly long drive from I-40. You pass several hotels when headed south. If we head back again I will look for another hotel.

Room Tip: Too many hotels in the area to settle. If youre looking for a cheap room and a quick nights sleep y...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JeramieOK
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our first stay at a La Quinta, and we chose it over 3 other hotels in the immediate area because they are pet friendly. We were moving and had to have somewhere to use as our 'home base' until our house opened up.

The location is just off I-65 off of Murfreesboro Rd in Franklin, a little confusing to get into the area but very accessible to the interstate. You're not into the Nashville traffic rush here, so if you're heading south on 65 this is a great location because you've got clear sailing from here south. Heading north is trickier because of the morning rush into Nashville, but the front desk staff helped us with the timing of that as well.

The room was pretty standard, clean and nice enough, but as I said this is a Pet Friendly hotel. If you don't like people with dogs walking through the lobby, on the elevators etc. there are 3 other hotels in a stones' throw from this one.

However, we are dog owners and are sensitive to those who aren't. We never heard any barking, noticed doggy smells, or any other pet related problems even though we knew there were other dogs staying there beside ours. The staff welcomed us and even took a picture of our boarder collie.

The price was good, having booked online and there is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right next to the hotel, and several other restaurants on Murfreesboro Rd. Steak & Shake, McDonalds, Shoneys, the Chop House, and of course the ubiquitous Waffle House, open 24 hrs a day. (You ARE in the south you know).

We recommend this place not only because of the pet friendly policy, but because the staff here was great to us in every instance.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the front, the rooms in the back overlook I-65 and so have traffic n...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank WillinMKE
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I was in town for a clinic at Cool Springs Marriott and am a loyal Marriott rewards member but didn't want to burn points and found a ridiculously inexpensive property. I've stayed at LQ back in the day when it was a Baymont Inn and stayed here every April for 6-7 years for a sporting event. It's surrounded by a host of other properties that i wouldn't recommend within walking distance including a Cracker Barrel. The LQ is always clean, comfortable, consistently clean, friendly and quiet every time i stay here. The exterior paint color is a bit harsh, the interior decor/theme/colors are a bit dated, but it's not my property so who cares. If you're looking for a clean, friendly, quiet, consistently inexpensive stay - you've found it.

Room Tip: 2nd floor King on Highway side is quiet; not noisy like i thought
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank J SCOTT S
Morris
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I have never stayed at this hotel before and I will say the rooms were clean and I like the fact that it was a dog friendly place. This is the first time we have taken our dog and to my surprise a lot of hotels let you bring your pet but also charge you more. LaQuinta did not charge more for our pet which was nice and also gave us a room close to the exit on the first floor so we did not have to go far to take our pet out. The pool was clean, breakfast was average.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family