“Runners & Hikers Dirty Delight”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Marcella Vivrette Smith park
Ranked #30 of 43 things to do in Franklin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Be ready to get dirty! This is a park in the middle of its development, so it's all dirt trails. If you love hiking or trail running this should be first on your list, but take a friend. It's a huge place & it's easy to get lost. They do the best they can with the maps at the entrance, but I am awful with such things so I bring a human map, my husband.
I've been here many times. My favorite was going with my kids & spotting five deer gathered at the top of a clearing. There is a lot of wildlife & a few ponds.
If it's raining or has rained within the past week I would not go too deep into the trails. It's really muddy.
We have gotten lost nearly every time went, but I still keep going. There is something wonderful about this place that says it's okay if I take the day off and wander.

Date of experience: September 2016
in 3 reviews
"development"
"mansion"

Reviewed 9 November 2016

I atttended an Authumn wedding at the Ravenswood Mansion located at Marcella Vivrette Smith Park this past October. Although originally hard to find, I wasn't the only guest who drove by the park on the first and second approach, this hidden gem of a venue was absolutley perfect for an outdoor wedding or a jog in the park.

Amanda the young lady who works at the Ravenswood Mansion worked so hard throughout the evening to make the event everything the bride wanted and hoped it would be. I know a few couples with upcoming weddings within the next year or two and I have confidently referred them to Amanda at Ravenswood Mansion inside Marcella Vivrette3 Smith Park.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Smith Park has over 6 miles of trails, some of which are out in the open, but many have tree cover. There is a wide variety of terrain and difficulty levels and natural features.. It's a very interesting walk! We went on a Saturday morning with our family. It was busy but not so bad we couldn't keep a good pace. Several families brought their dogs. I love this park and it's so close by!

Date of experience: May 2016