We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fayetteville
The Old Dr Cox Farm Bed & Breakfast - TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Ranked #1 of 4 Fayetteville B&B and Inns
Fairview, Tennessee
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

As a surprise, I drove my boyfriend out to spend the day at Lynchburg and because he misses the farm back home in WI, I chose the Old Dr. Cox Farm B&B. We were so happy with the farm, we can't wait to go back again. It was warm, cozy, relaxing and comfortable. The couple who runs the farm are sweet, friendly, generous and genuine. We highly recommend the B&B. We will see them again soon!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sonia10_1967
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I was only looking for a place to crash after spending the day at the Jack Daniel's Distillery, but what I found was a little piece of heaven just a few minutes from Lynchburg. The couple who run the B&B are two of the sweetest people you'll meet. They were incredibly welcoming to me upon arrival, and perfectly respectful in every way. The palatial rooms have plenty of amenities without losing the feeling that you're staying in an historical antebellum building.

After enjoying dinner in town a few miles away, I was able to come back and relax on the front porch in a rocking chair with a Jack Daniel's cigar and my book of the week. Having lived in Atlanta for the last few years, I had forgotten how wonderful it was to hear the sound of silence.

After a fitful night's sleep, I awoke to the smell of crackling bacon. The breakfast that morning was something I'll never forget, as they prepared eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, toast, homemade jam, and fruit salad. As I sat down to partake in this feast, I began to talk to the couple about their history and the history of the farm. The two were more than happy to oblige and regaled me with stories for the next hour or so as I tried my best to eat everything on the table.

Truth be told, the only negative I had from this trip was the lack of Internet access available. Cell coverage is very weak in the area, and while some might enjoy the feeling of unplugging for a night, I found it inconvenient.

All told, I had a wonderful trip, and will certainly be staying here again the next time I have the opportunity.

Room Tip: Both rooms are exquisite, so you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank David R
Smithton, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

My fiance is a longtime fan of Jack Daniels, so for his birthday we traveled to the distillery to take the tour. After reading reviews on this site, I chose The Old Dr. Cox Farm Bed and Breakfast. The reviews are all completely accurate. This working farm produces some of the most amazing breakfasts, preserves, and salsa that you will taste and the warm and welcoming atmosphere that John and Paula cultivate is outstanding. We were treated like family(maybe better) and were regaled with hilariously entertaining stories. The land is absolutely beautiful as well, and serene. Also, John and Paula were flexible with the hours we wanted and allowed us to have late breakfast and coffee. Overall, we could not have asked for more from this wonderful place and definitely plan on coming back again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rebekah L
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our recent trip to southern Tennessee was made especially wonderful by choosing this original warm and personel B&B. Our hosts, John and Paula, exhibited the kindest hospitality I've experienced in all my years of travel. They greeted us with warmth and enthusiasm as if we were long-lost relatives. Our family felt very comfortable staying there and in all honesty it was a little difficult to leave. The house, all original, has the feel of old time Tennesse as you walk across the stone kitchen floor and move through the various high-ceiling rooms decorated and themed to the 19/20th century. As you make your way up the wide, wooden staircase into the huge rooms at the top of the stairs, you feel you've stepped back in time. Other reviewers have hit the nail right on the head, the king-size beds are extremely comfortable. They also have more towels in the bathroom than Bed, Bath & Beyond! They haven't missed a trick! And, as stated before, you will NOT go hungry in Paula's and John's kitchen. Just a final thought, if you are within an hours radius of this place, BOOK IT!! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Bruce H
Warner Robins, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

If you are looking for a piece of heaven in the Tennessee hills, look no further than this Bed and Breakfast, tucked away in the rolling countryside outside of Lynchburg, Tennessee. My husband and I traveled to Lynchburg and opted to stay the night at a Bed and Breakfast instead of a hotel. There aren't many hotel options in this area, so with a little research, I found the Old Dr. Cox Farm B & B. The residence is a charming, older farmhouse, built in the mid 1800s, and is full of antiques, which will keep you browsing for hours. Original wood floors add to the charm of the home. Innkeepers, John and Paula, are delightful people, eager to answer any questions you might have about the history of the area and the home. The setting itself is awesome - one of the most relaxing and quiet places we have ever visited. The front porch rockers are a perfect place to have a drink and take in the beauty of the magnolia tree in the yard, which shades the grave of soldier, Aaron Gage. There are two rooms upstairs, the Magnolia Room (with a half bath) and the adjacent Quilt Room. Both rooms share a full bath/shower in an antique tub. This makes the Old Dr. Cox Farm B & B a perfect choice for couples traveling together. John handles the chores on this working farm and will take you along, if you wish to watch, or, in my case, help. I was able to bottle feed a calf that afternoon at their nearby barn. Paula welcomed me in the kitchen to answer more questions about the property. We spent some time browsing the grounds, taking photos of the details of the home, which make it such a great find. In the back yard area, there is a comfortable hammock and two chaise lounges which are great places to lay back and enjoy the peace and quiet. Best of all, off the back porch, equipped with a table and chairs, is a hot tub, where we spent hours after dark, looking at the endless stars which filled the sky. Although they were close, Paula and John were never intrusive, allowing us to feel as though we were the only people there. After one of the best night's sleep ever in the Magnolia Room, on their more than comfortable king size bed (there is another in the adjacent Quilt Room), we awoke to fresh coffee outside our room. As we prepared to leave, we were treated to a wonderful country breakfast, complete with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fried potatoes, toast with three types of homemade preserves, fresh tomatoes, and orange juice. It seems as though our hosts also grow most of what they serve, which we learned about as we ate breakfast. We will surely visit again. It was an unexpected pleasure to find such a place with such warm and caring hosts!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wmpandjsp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fayetteville
19.1 km away
Hampton Inn Tullahoma
#2 of 6 in Tullahoma
25.5 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Shelbyville

Been to The Old Dr Cox Farm Bed & Breakfast - TEMPORARILY CLOSED? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK