“Gotta go fried here. pickles and shrimp, oh yeah!!”

Captain's Galley Seafood
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Dandridge
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: We have been serving the area for 18 years. Our business was built on serving quality seafood that is hand breaded and seasoned and served fresh to you...our valued customer. Most of our items are homemade or made from scratch including our hush puppies, onion rings, sauces, dressings, and slaw. We have a large area that can accommodate large parties. We serve seafood, steaks, chicken, pasta, sandwiches, and salads.
Reviewed 5 July 2016

The hush puppies were great they bring to the table. We ate two bowls full. This place is right off the interstate I-40. It was not crowded when we got there, but it soon filled up with a wait time. The décor is quaint and lake themed. The server was very nice and attentive. We had been out on the lake all day and were super thirsty. She kept our glasses refilled. We had the best dinner there. We had the appetizer platter of fried pickles, onion straws and cheese sticks. It was all very tasty. Our favorite was the pickles and onion straws. They were thin and crispy. It reminded us of the onion loaf we use to get at a restaurant called Damon's. I had the crab legs and they were a good size and plenty of them. The melted butter needed a little garlic in it. It hit the spot. The baked potato was big and done well. My son got popcorn shrimp and said it was the best he's ever had. Literally half of the plate was full of them. We had half of a Styrofoam box full to take home the next day. We were all very pleased with our meal. We come here to this area every 4th of july and we will be back for sure. Total bill for 3 of us no alcohol was $75.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

Appears to be a chain restaurant. Service was just average, servings were rather small, the prices were a bit high. There are better choices in the area.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I love the atmosphere. I always feel a bit transformed to a seaside location. I enjoyed the shrimp, nice and crunchy just how I like it. Convenient location right off the interstate. It's a good place to have a celebration

Reviewed 28 June 2016

My husband & I visit this restaurant any time we are in the area. I even have it marked on my Tennessee Map! The main courses are wonderful and plentiful and the "Hush Puppies" are to die for.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Ate here within a week of being in Calabash, NC, so I could compare it with the restaurants I ate at in Calabash. The good part is the portions were rather big, and the fries, hush puppies and cole slaw were excellent. I can't say that about the seafood though. It was literally glistening in grease, and it was over-fried. The filet of flounder was real thin. Anyone expecting this place to compare with fried seafood meals they've had in Calabash are in a for a big disappointment.