Red Roof Inn Crossville
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed at the Day's Inn in Crossville TN during the 127 yard sale. The staff is courteous and professional. A special thanks to the girls on second shift for all of your help. We got a great price for a very nice room. The breakfast was wonderful! Thanks Day's Inn we will be back next year.

Room Tip: Our room was very clean, no tips needed they treat everyone the same great way.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Have been staying here for the last five years during the Longest yard sale. The Motel is not looking very good or being kept up. My room window was open when I arrived and flies where all over the place, left maid a note to spray, finally gave up and bought spray and sprayed room. Bathroom floor was filthy. First night I took shower, I put towel on floor to step out of shower on and when I picked the towel up the bottom of the towel was DIRTY. I used wet towels to mop the floor and again, left a note for maid to please mop the floor......it was never mopped, except by me every night. One person in check in - and check out and has to handle breakfast also. Orange juice machine was leaking all over the floor and people were slipping and sliding in the wet. Finally the check in girl had time to mop it up. They don't allow internet reservation during Longest Yard Sale...you have to call. When we checked in they had 38 rooms available ( I had called and made reservations in advance) They triple the price of the rate during the Yard Sale week, but don't maintain the pool, or the rooms. Slowly becoming just like the America's Best Value Inn down the street which is the worse place to stay. New Motel 6 in town, think I will try it out next year. I was very disappointed in my stay this year as the place was dirty.Sometime during my stay two pillows disappeared fromt our room. I report this I did not want anyone to think we had taken them. Also pillow case that were put on pillows were never ironed just in a million wrinkles. The acutal pillows were cheap with smily faces and sponge bob on them! They can do better. I am a Wyndam Reward member and will seriously consider going elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My husband & I stayed here back in April. Major mistake. I had booked a king smoking room on their site. However, when we arrived there, we were told there was only 1 king smoking room there, and it had been booked since April 1. Since it was so late & we had been driving for 9 hours, we agreed to accept a double smoking room. The lady at the front desk gave us the key for Room 215. It was on the 2nd floor, and there are no elevators. We had to drag all of our luggage up the steps to the room. When we opened the door, we found that Room 215 had not been cleaned that day. The beds were unmade, there was trash in the trash cans, & cigarette butts still in the ash trays. We had to drag our luggage back down the steps to the car and drive back to the front desk because the phone in that room wasn't working. They sent us then to Room 217, but we had to again carry our luggage up the steps. On 4/30, when we were ready to check out, I discussed the problems with the gentleman at the front desk. He apologized for the problems & took my phone number so that the manager could call me and give us some kind of a discount for all of our trouble. He said that his mother was the manager, and he was sure that she would make it right. However, we never heard from her ever. I tried to call, and I wrote a letter, but without success. This motel is very inefficient & has total disregard for the customers. You don't want to stay here!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
daysinn10387, Manager at Red Roof Inn Crossville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2011

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn.

Our Sucess is measured by our guest having a pleasant stay. We strive to provide excellent service and accomodation at affordable price. Thank you for taking the time to let me know we improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our standards.

When I got in the office, it was brought to my attention what happened to you and I immediatley adjusted your bill as the front desk promised you. Please check your statement for the adjustment. I was gonna call you to inform about the discount but you were on your way home.

Once again we are truly sorry for the inconvenience we caused you. If there is anything else we can assist you please do not hesitate to call.

Mila Huard

Reviewed 7 June 2011

Reasonable rate. Room fairly clean. Pool was out of order and it was high 80's. Suggest you ask about pool and they should tell you when you make reservations if pool is working. There is a nearby state park with a nice pool for four bucks a day.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I have stayed at Days Inn hotels in many locations and have found them to be a mixed bag. Some of them are nice and some not so nice. I was looking for an inexpensive stopover and found this hotel to be clean, well-kept and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business