“RUN!”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Little Rock, Arkansas
“RUN!”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I am a regular traveler and have NEVER before left a hotel after checking in, but after a couple hours at the Alpine Lodge, I ran--and ate the $$. Holy Cow. This place is FILTHY. The sheets were clean and the bathroom was relatively clean, but everything else was absolutely untouchable. I mean, the TV remote control was even disgusting. Everything--the floor, walls, furniture (including the chair) was visibly filthy, filthy, filthy. I have never, ever seen anything like it at a hotel. The worst thing, though, was that I felt very unsafe--the door didn't lock properly, and the other guests in the hotel were...well, frankly, I was actually scared for my safety. The woman working the desk was nice enough, but honestly, if I could give this hotel zero stars I would. I absolutely cannot believe ANY of the positive reviews this hotel has gotten--makes me wonder who on earth wrote them. I do not know where on earth the pictures on the site come from--they do not at all look like the room I got (maybe they are from the "suite" side??). I am not picky about hotels and I have never have been compelled to write a review. Some places are better than others, and I roll with the punches. But this place????? NO WAY. RUN RUN RUN RUN.
If you're heading west, drive the extra 30 minutes and stay at the Quality Inn in Lebanon, TN, where the service is great, the rooms are spotless, and the fee is only $10 more.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Get a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank mcp274
alpine21, Owner at Travelodge Cookeville, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review. We are an independent, family-owned hotel and spend very little on advertising. We rely heavily on word of mouth and reviews from sites such as this one. As long-time business owners, we know it is impossible to satisfy everyone. However, WE ARE HONEST. If a guest is unsatisfied with their room, we would refund their money. I think that is the most important point I should stress concerning this guest’s review. Besides the facts that the guest’s room was clean and the door did lock properly, WE REFUNDED THE GUEST ALL OF HER MONEY. Concerning the guest’s statement about the pictures of our rooms not being legitimate, the pictures on our website are pictures of our hotel taken at our hotel. They were not modified in any way. Lastly, when the guest checked out, she told us she had a family emergency, and that was the reason she needed to leave. If she would have said she didn’t know how to lock her door, we would have told her the door locks automatically when closed, and she has a deadbolt and latch lock for added security.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I was looking for a place to stay for 3 nights during the Christmas holiday weekend. All of the hotels around all of the restaurants were at least $80 a night. My mother told me about this place because it is only a mile from where she lives. When I called to check prices, I was told that a regular room with two queen beds is $48 a night, but that I could upgrade to a suite with a king bed for just $54 a night. I went for the suite, but was weary about the low cost. The room has cable, wifi, a little fridge, a microwave, a breakfast table/chairs, a jaccuzzi tub, a sleeper sofa, and a recliner. I have to say that I am very satisfied with, not only the huge, clean room, but the staff's hospitality. Everyone was extremely nice. I will definitely stay here again. All of the restaurants and shops are only 2 exits away...which is only a 5 minute drive. It's definitely worth the cost!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Cassie D
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We came in late after a long day of travel. They were courteous & quickly helped us settle in for the night. The next morning, the view on our balcony was spectacular & started our day off well. The waffles are always a pleasant breakfast & we were glad to see they were serving them. The staff spoke with us & made us feel right at home, trying to answer all our questions. Last but not least, the value was great! Next time we are through there, we'll have to plan to stay there, where we know we will be taken good care of!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank KDRobbins
Madison WI
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I have family in the area but choose to stay here because of the extreme care and attention to detail the owners give to this place and they always welcome our small dog 'Harley". Don't get up-tight about pets because they're cleaner and more respectful than most adults and their kids! The location is perfect for us and it's usually quiet. Also, the updates to the doors and windows is outstanding. Hats off to great owners and their caring attitudes. We'll see you again so "leave the lights on" ...!

Room Tip: I personally like the mountain view ....
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mexman42
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We saw the sign off the interstate and came upon this clean, pleasant property. Yes, some of the furnishings are a little dated but the facility was clean. The desk clerk was very cordial and friendly. We ate a light supper at the little bar/grille next door and was able to walk back to our room after supper. I also want to add that many other facilities in the area received nasty reviews and we came upon this without looking at trip advisor first.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple