“Delayed anniversary dinner”

Ranked #10 of 176 Restaurants in Cookeville
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant, formerly a residence, was built in 1910. It features hardwood floors, 12' ft ceilings, and 5 fine dining rooms, three with fireplaces. We have a full selection of spirits and over 20 selections of wine. We also have a patio that seats 25 guests. We host weddings, rehearsal dinners, showers and parties. When you dine with us, we want you to have a dining experience rather than the typical restaurant that tries to turn tables as quickly as possible. We serve each course separately allowing you to relax, take in the ambiance, enjoy a glass of wine and savor every bite of Italian cuisine. When you leave our restaurant, we want you to remember what it's like to slow down, enjoy one another's company and realize how nice and relaxing dining can be. If you have other plans after dining with us, inform your server upon arrival and we can speed up your service. Dress is casual and reservations are recommended during the week and especially on the weekends.
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We have known about this restaurant for 2 years. We met the owner shortly after we moved to this area at her Whistle Stop restaurant in Baxter TN ( best pizza ever). She told us about Mauricio's. The food was delicious, the setting was perfect and the service was outstanding. Great for a romantic dinner or just any dinner. It is in an old home and the dining is in about 4 different rooms. This made you feel special. We plan to go back for a lunch one day. The lobster bisque caught my eye. A nearby dinner kept commenting how delicious it was. Go you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank midiman1942
Jeffery C, Owner at Mauricio's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you so much for your rating and comments. Tonya and I really appreciate all of them and are glad that you decided to give us a try. We look forward to your next visit. Jeff and Tonya / Owners

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Went here 6/1/17 for lunch on our anniversary. Ordered a bottle of Chardonnay to go with our meal. My wife and I always split a dish since we are not large people. Expect a five dollar additional fee. Ordered the Veal Marsala and received chicken instead. The dish was soupy and the angel hair pasta was drenched. Will not ever come here again! So disappointing!

Jeffery C, Owner at Mauricio's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

I'm really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. Usually I am informed of a mistake made by the kitchen or by the server but in this case I was not. I would appreciate if you would contact me on my web page, Mauricioscookeville.com so we can have a private conversation in order for me to identify what happened and the person responsible. I would also like to try and make this right with you so you may consider giving us another chance. This is not a typical experience when dining with us as you can see by all the reviews either on trip advisor, yelp, or many other sites. We truly attempt to have all our guests have a wonderful dining experience when you come to Mauricio's Italian Restaurant and although mistakes can and do happen, we are more than happy to fix it on the spot if at all possible. Jeff/Owner

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Because of other reviews on this restaurant, we decided to have dinner here. It was wonderful! The restaurant is in an old house and is beautiful inside. The service was excellent, and our food was exceptional. You couldn't ask for anything more.

Jeffery C, Owner at Mauricio's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you for all your comments and rating. We appreciate you coming by and trying us out. We look forward to your next visit. Jeff and Tonya / Owners

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

A great Italian restaurant, perfect for a romantic date night in Cookeville. The service was amazing. Also, on your anniversary they offer a free slice of cheesecake! Large portions of the best pasta!

Jeffery C, Owner at Mauricio's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you so much for your rating and for all the comments. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and Happy Anniversary...Come back and see us again real soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We were delighted - and surprised - to find such a lovely restaurant in Cookeville as we were traveling through. Mauricio's is a first class special occasion restaurant with charming decor and excellent service. I was having a very sad evening, having lost my wedding ring back in Nashville. So it took a lot for me to get an appetite. But the dining room (one of several dining rooms in this historic house) was so soothing and the wine was very nice (and reasonably priced). Our waitress was very efficient and professional. They serve the salad family style, so my husband could eat all the cucumbers and I could take all the onions. He enjoyed the fried calamari, too. Our pastas were very good, not quite al dente but not mushy. And, for me, I loved that they had whole wheat pasta. I didn't care for the meatballs, just not spiced or blended right for me, but my husband liked them. And my petite portion was just right for my diminished appetite. My husband has the pesto pasta with chicken and enjoyed it. The maitre d', Charles, was extremely nice. Despite my sad loss (but it is just a material thing), we had a lovely evening. We both highly recommend this restaurant for local folks or people passing through. And, it was very reasonably priced.

Jeffery C, Owner at Mauricio's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

I want to thank you for your rating and all your comments. We feel for your loss of the wedding ring but we are happy that we was able to help cheer you up a little. We appreciate you trying us out and we look forward to your next visit. Jeff and Tonya/Owners