“Quiet, Clean, and Great Location!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
East Rutherford, New Jersey
“Quiet, Clean, and Great Location!!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I originally booked this hotel because I wanted to fully take advantage of Club Carlson's awesome "Redeem Points. Earn Points" promotion that is ongoing until January 31. My registration with this promotion will make our stay tonight entirely a free once the 9,000 points are redeposited into my account - it doesn't get better than that!

I got a kick out of the assigned parking spots that read "For Gold Points Elite" (Now Club Carlson); makes you feel a tad more special in a weird way, LOL.

Upon pulling in to the Country Inn & Suites, Cookeville, TN, I did notice that the sign read "Soon to be La Quinta Inn". I wonder when that will happen?

Check-in was quick, and the lady at the front desk was extremely friendly. Having elite status with Club Carlson, I was hopeful for an upgraded room or suite, but I was happy with the room I was given. The lobby was cozy and definitely had a "country" feel, complete with a fire place, couches, and wooden decor. The breakfast room looked spacious, clean, and well-furnished.

The room was simplistically decorated, clean, and cozy. The beds were made with a standard comforter (not my favorite, down), but the sheets and pillows were fresh and soft - perfect for relaxing after a 14 hour drive!

The desk was spacious with a nice leather chair and many outlets to plug in all of your gadgets.

The dresser featured a mini-fridge and microwave inside the pull-out doors as well as a mini flat-screen TV.

The bathroom was stocked with many towels, a hair dryer, and coffee machine (personally, I believe the coffee machine should have been somewhere in the room, not the bathroom, but I'm not a coffee person anyway so I never use the in-room coffee machines).

The shower was clean with plenty of hot water.

A cute towel animal was a nice touch!

Bath toiletries included Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner & Vaseline Body Lotion

See my full review with photos on my blog here: http://www.justanotherpointstraveler.com/2012/01/hotel-review-club-carlsons-country-inn.html

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank aaucello
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This was the best Country Inn and Suites visit yet. My husband and I stayed in a whirlpool suite. We often do at various Country Inn and Suites locations. I was gladly suprised to find the suite had its very own excersize machine in addition to the whirlpool. The hotel staff left a towel puppy in the bathroom and even had the hotel emblem sealing the neatly folded toilet paper tips. This is top class for Country Inn and Suites. I would stay here again and think that even the most critical hotel guest would be pleasantly suprised by the quality of the rooms and kindness of the staff. No detail is overlooked here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank T L
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We recently stayed at this property to attend a Holiday Camp at TTU. Per most of the reviews, the staff was extremely courteous, friendly, and accommodating. Rooms were "roomy" and spotless. Breakfast offered a good selection and was kept fresh. Definitely high marks are deserved for the Country Inn in Cookeville!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Reviewed 31 December 2011

From the time we walked into the front door, we were pleasantly surprised with our whole experience at this hotel. The lobby was very welcoming. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Our room was very clean, well-appointed, and much larger than expected. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This hotel is clean, comfortable and the rooms are quite spacious. The staff are thoughtful and the breakfast had something for everyone! I have stayed in a number of hotels in the area and know now this is the one we will return to.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family