“Look for more options”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Columbia
Tennessee
“Look for more options”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during our 4th of July weekend and we don't recommend it at all. The suite photos on the Days Inn website are NOT what we expected, even though the rate was pretty much the same ($129). The room is a smoking room and when we walked in it smelled like an overnight pub. However, we took our complaint to the front desk and they gladly sprayed neutralizer. We found mold on the flimsy shower curtain. But the room is indeed spacious as you can see from the pics and the hotel itself is in gas-saving distance from Springhill and Columbia. On a final note, we believe the staff is made primarily by members of the same family (Indian ethnicity) and their kids didn't stop crying and running through the lobby. We couldn't get a taste of their "HOT" breakfast since they were closed by 10AM.

• Liked — Free WiFi
  • Disliked — Overall cleanliness of facilities
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2007

This place was horrible. I am a business traveler, so I have been to several hotels and motels...but this one was the worst! When we walked into the room, I knew then that this place was used more for "paid pleasure." The room was nasty and smelled of urine. It is very outdated and lousy! After we investigated the horrible room, we went out for dinner. Upon returning and beginning to prep for the next day, I noticed that there was no iron or ironing board. Went to front desk and the man stated that they do not have those in stock! WHAT?? So I ask for a refund on my credit card and was given the entire reimbursment back. I guess this place does have one good thing about it...it refunds!! Don't stay here!! Unless you need something hourly!! GET IT!?

• Liked — refund
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank notthatpicky

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2004

BEWARE!!! The pictures on the Days Inn website are very MISLEADING!!! I did not make the decision to stay at Days Inn. We were with others who had made the reservations for a group. It was the nastiest place I had ever been in my entire life. It looked like a motel that one would use by the hour, if you get my drift. Our 10 year old son was highly upset by the sight of this dirtbag place. He insisted on not staying there as did I. I have never stayed at a Days Inn before and I never will again. We arrived pretty late into Columbia, so we stayed there, not slept, but stayed. The next morning we were out of that fleabag Inn. We went down the street to the Hampton Inn and it was very nice with a wonderful staff. I have read other reviews on Days Inn in other states and the reviews and experiences were the same as ours. I swear, I do not see how the corporate office can allow these franchisees to run these brothels and proudly display the logo and name. That's what it appeared as to me. As a matter of fact, there were people living at this property. Living there. What kind of stuff is that? I complained to the health dept. in Columbia and suggested that they condemn the place. Now, when a 10 year insists on leaving, there must be a problem. Oh, he also loves to swim and you could not drag him into that sweage hole they called a pool. NASTY, NASTY, NASTY.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member