See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 January 2015

The location couldn't be more perfect. It is set back away from the noise and traffic, while still being right off the interstate for travelers. They recently put in a new sign out front. The rooms are very nice and there is a pretty good selection of rooms based on what you are looking for... Rooms that you can park in front with doors on the outside, rooms inside with flat screen TV's, rooms with a very nice view of the mountains, etc. The staff are very friendly. Upon meeting the owner, Mr. Hughes, it is apparent that the hotel is making an effort to be both an affordable place to stay, as well as a pleasant place to stay. I'm so glad that Mr. Hughes told me about the restaurant, Keri's Restaurant. The brunch buffet was delicious! We woke up at 10:30am and started getting ready for the day. By the time we were up and ready (and getting hungry!), the restaurant opened at 11am right inside the hotel. It was nice to be able to eat right there at the hotel and hop back on the interstate to South Carolina! I couldn't figure out how to work my TV, but the nice lady at the front desk was willing to come and help me figure it out. Overall for the price, you will not find a better hotel in Cleveland.

Room Tip: I was told that inside rooms are a little warmer and have nicer TV's, and "view side" rooms have parking right in front of your room and a very nice view of the surrounding mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anna W
Reviewed 31 October 2014 via mobile

As soon as we arrived we were scared. It was a run down building with terrible signage. Our room was smelly and we had to kill 2 spiders within the first 5 minutes of arrival. We never found where the complimentary breakfast was. The beds were uncomfortable and everything was very dated and yellowed. Will not stay here ever again!!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amber A
Richie H, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2014

The Mountain View Inn is undergoing an ownership change. Please call the front desk for ALL reservations and details pertaining to the updates. 423) 472-1500 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 24 October 2014

You can not beat the view!!!! Its worth it to stay and just admire the view. Its quiet, great breakfast bar, friendly staff who have been there for awhile. We met the new owners and they seem very nice and excited about upgrading the facility. We have a family reunion every year and we stay at this Inn. Planning on returning next year.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountain view are my favorite! Rooms in the main entrance are larger and more upgraded.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela J
Reviewed 14 October 2014

I was attending a conference in Cleveland, TN, and stayed at Mountain View for a full week. I booked through Expedia, and asked multiple times, for two beds in my room. I called the hotel several days ahead of time, and they informed me there was only one bed in my room, and that they were totally booked (as was every other hotel in town), so I had to either take it or leave it. I took it, and was pleased with my overall stay. The room had been updated, the lobby and and restaurant were up to date. The daily breakfast buffet was probably the best FREE breakfast offered in town: fruit, cereal, juice, pastry, grits, eggs, biscuits n gravy, sausage and bacon and fried bologna, hash browns and more. The servers were friendly, and I was pleased with what turned out to be a real bargain. The motel had picnic tables and a swing overlooking the valley below, and the trees were beginning to sprout with their colors. It really felt like I was on a vacation. I will stay there again, and will refer to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a microwave and fridge. I enjoyed a ground floor room where I could park right outside my door. I have a disability, and would not have been able to walk up the stairs. I had trouble getting the maid to leave soap on several occasions. I will stay here again, but I will bring my own soap. The breakfast bar would have cost $10 anywhere else. Such a bargain, as well as the low price. Definitely worth the time and trouble, and the beautiful view made a business trip feel like a vacation. Excellent place to host a meeting.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Marcene T
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

New owners were very accommadating, gracious, and friendly. Look forward to seeing the planned improvements. Delicious breakfast with friendly and helpful waitresses. Spectacular view of mountains and mountain side.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business