“A NIGHTMARE”

Ranked #53 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Montgomery, Alabama
“A NIGHTMARE”
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I booked this Hampton because of the convenience and because we have found the "Hampton Inn" chain to be very reliable. What I found in this Hampton shocked me beyond words. It is a very dirty, seedy establishment and I worried for our safety. The entire facility is filthy and no matter how much $$ they pour into that dump it will not make a difference. I am contacting corporate to insist they reevaluate this facilty and close it all together. If you decide to stay there, I highly recommend you sleep with your clothes on and wear shoes in the shower (filthy). It was the most digusting experience I have ever had with over night accomodations. As I read the other reviews I could not help but wonder where they stayed or if they were from some third world country. Trust me please...DO NOT STAY AT THIS LOCATION!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Derby
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My husband and I stayed here from 5 to 12 May 2010, and my choice was based on some of the Tripadvisor recommendations, the competetive price, and the location of the Hotel to the I-75, and to local restaurants and shops.
We had booked a king size room, and had interior access, although we would have been happy with outside access, and the room was lovely, recently redecorated, with a large bathroom, and sofa and desk in the bedroom as well. We appreciated the coffee which was available all day, and the iced bottles of water in reception, which were invalauble as the weather was very hot when we were there, up to 92 which is hot for early May!! I always tried to time our arrival back to the Hotel with the fresh cookies at reception each day! The internet was good for keeping up to date with news from home.
The breakfast was delicious, plenty of fresh fruit and the usual cereals, bagels and waffles, but my husband appreciated the choice of hot items each day.
The Hotel is so well situated for travelling to downtown, only 20 minutes to the shuttle park at $3 for the day, and we could walk out each evening for a meal, only 10 minutes walk to Appelbees, O'Charleys, which was excellent, or Faziolis, and the Texas Road Steakhouse as well, we had a great meal there.
The staff at the Hotel are all so friendly and helpful, and became our friends over the week, thanks to Becca, Stacey, and Pat as well as all the other staff for making our stay great!

Sally and Dennis

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Shoemakersville, PA
Reviewed 31 March 2010

DO NOT stay at this hotel if you value your possessions or safety. They have no security provisions whatsoever.

Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rabii
nashville, tn
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Great staff, great room, great overall experience. The room was nicer than I expected. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The bathroom was small but not uncomfortable. Nice tv, sofa bed, microwave, and refrigerator. I didn't hear any noise from other guests or from the interstate. The room and all of the hotel grounds were very clean. The breakfast was nice; especially for free. The area was great with any type of food you can imagine. There is a mall right on the other side of the interstate. (Pretty good mall with several major department stores and almost all of the stores actually are occupied.) I would definately stay there again!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amybeth111
TN
Reviewed 9 October 2009

This is our second stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff is so courteous and polite. Breakfast was very busy, but they worked very hard keeping eveything well stocked and it tasted wonderful.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family