1,714 results
All reviews ruth's chris evening reception mellow mushroom made to order omelets great hotel room suite hamilton place complimentary breakfast shopping and restaurants beautiful lobby breakfast was excellent living area excellent stay indoor pool fitness center fire pit staff was friendly
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 nights here. The hotel was great. The staff members were friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean. The breakfast had a nice selection. The made to order omelets were wonderful. The managers reception in the evenings was a bonus. The only problem we had was the refrigerator froze our stuff including my insulin. I was impressed that it only took a few minutes for someone to come fix it. I would definately stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us over the July 4th weekend - I am glad you enjoyed our offerings and facilities. It was our pleasure to be of service and we look forward to your return visit in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This is one of the nicest Embassy Suites we've ever seen, and except for one personnel issue explained below, I would have given it 5 stars. The hotel is right near Hamilton Place Mall, with lots of restaurant choices nearby including a Ruth's Chris which is actually attached to the hotel. The lobby area is beautiful and appears to be the new concept for the chain (this is not a high rise with glass-enclosed elevators like lots of the early Embassy Suites). The hotel is located very close to I-75, but we got no road noise at all. The free breakfast buffet is very good, and the breakfast room is very large with ample seating. Our two-room suite was on par with our other stays at this chain---comfortable bed, standard bathroom, two TV's, etc. We had a special weekend rate here which made the hotel very competitive price-wise with the many other hotels of lesser quality in the area. Overall, highly recommended with only one blemish to our stay (below).

Upon checking in, I was asked to insert my chip card to cover any extras we would incur during our stay. The chain just started asking customers to use the chip reader a few months ago---previously you would just give your card to the desk clerk who would run it through at check-in. I noticed the chip reader had an amount higher than my room rate, and was told that there is a $25 hold charge added to the bill, which is reversed when you check out if no additional charges are incurred. I asked the desk clerk if this $25 charge was new, and he said it had been Hilton policy for several years. I told him that it was no big deal, but I had stayed at many Hilton properties in recent years and had never seen this. He said basically "oh yes you have", which started a rather lengthy discussion (argument) where I contended that I had never seen this charge before, and he didn't believe me and made like I didn't know what I was talking about. Well, the truth is that, yes, Hilton has added this temporary charge in recent times, but the customer (me) was never told that $25 is added temporarily to the bill upon check-in. The customer will now be able to see this because of the new policy to use the chip reader upon check-in. So he was right about the policy, and I was of course right that I had never seen the $25 charge before. So my first contact with this hotel was a very negative one. It's not a good idea to anger a customer who has posted over 300 Tripadvisor reviews, but I choose not to downgrade the hotel any more just because of the insensitive customer service given by this one individual.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lchjr
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent visit with us - while I am glad you were pleased with our facilities and offerings I am sorry and apologize for the less-than-positive encounter you described: I am going to personally speak with and counsel the individual with whom you interacted. Thank you for bring this to my attention - I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again should your future travels bring you back to Chattanooga. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My family and I stayed at this location for two days over the 4th of July holiday. The first snag we hit was being checked into a room which had room service dishes outside the door andalready had someone checked in it. We get to our new room and again, a room service dish was sitting outside the room. My suspicion upon entering the room was that our room had not been serviced properly for check-in. I was right when we discovered someone else's take out in the refrigerator and someones hair and hair tie in the bedroom. I reported all of these issues to the desk but got nothing more than a we'll talk to room service. We wanted to sit in one of their outdoor seating areas but as you can see from the pictures, that wouldn't be the best idea considering the torn cushions, and green mold/algae looking substance on all of the cushions. The same green stuff was on the stucco of the building. The indoor pool water looked murky so we couldn't enjoy it either. For $150 a night I expect better.

On a positive note, the breakfast hostess was awesome and the food prepared by Chef Roger was great. I hope in the future they take customer's concerns more seriously than just a shrug.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank travelhappy1
paul_mezick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for your detailed feedback - I am very sorry that you encountered these issues and that they had an adverse impact on your experience with us: not at all the image we ever want to project. The cushions have been repaired and cleaned (all the recent rain had prevented us from doing the cleaning sooner than your visit) and I personally spoke with my Executive Housekeeper about your room concerns. Again, I am very sorry and hope you will give us another chance in the future to do a better job for you.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My wife & I stopped here on our business travels. The hotel is quaint,elegantly adorned and the staff are friendly and help full. The king bed slept well, room was quiet & clean.
The cons: Managers reception & breakfast are nice although since there is no bar you
are forced to sit at the tables. The tables are packed close together where the children are running around, jumping, & climbing under tables. "Warning the children" were sticking there hands in the food instead of using the utensils.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Shawn B

Thank you for choosing to stay with us - I am glad you were pleased with your overall visit. I do apologize and am very sorry for the obvious inconvenience caused you and your wife by the children of other guests: I hope this will not deter you both from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Embassy is our favorite stay. Love the managers reception and free (real) breakfast! The Chattanooga Embassy is very nice! We needed some help printing a document and the hotel staff was very friendly/supportive. The King Bed was very comfortable! They have Peets Coffee in the lobby. Peets is great coffee. This time I got a surprise when leaving the hotel. There was a note on my windshield - "your windshield has been cleaned as a thank you from the Embassy" (or something like that). They cleaned the car windshield. Pretty nice. Will definitely staff there again, when in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit with us here at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Chattanooga Hamilton Place - I am so glad you were pleased with our offerings and felt that our staff provided you such great service. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return visit.