“Good coffee, friendly baristas ”

Mean Mug Coffeehouse
Ranked #2 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Chattanooga
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 9
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Locally owned and operated coffeehouse located in the heart of the Southside. We specialize in made from scratch pastries, breakfast and lunch served all day. We offer a selection of loose leaf teas and a custom espresso and house specialty drink menu. We serve locally sourced and roasted Velo coffee along with regionally sourced roasters.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in while on a business trip to Chattanooga. I had a americano with a double shot and the Denny sandwich. Coffee was robust and very good . Sandwich was better than expected. Would visit again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my 2nd trip to Mean Mug. It’s a lovely space to enjoy a cup of coffee. I’m a black coffee drinker who savors the flavor of a good roast. Mean Mug does not disappoint. I also had a chocolate chip scone which was very tasty. I really like the homey atmosphere of this shop and how low key it is. They also have a terrific outdoor area if the weather is nice I would suggest taking your coffee outside. As a side note, this area of Chattanooga has a lot to offer. Go and enjoy!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We decided to try this place based on the reviews and pictures here on Trip Advisor. Typically, T.A. doesn't steer us wrong. This is a neat place, and the coffee (we got the french press) was very good. We shared a cinnamon roll and didn't even finish it. It was dry and had very little flavor. We were disappointed and won't go back. Rembrandt's is a much better choice, in my opinion.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Really enjoyed quality of fresh foodstuffs. Others were enjoyed bakery items. Fruits yummy. Although order at counter, then go outside or in to enjoy, this is in no way fast food in time or quality(thank goodness). Much more charming, leisurely. Umbrellas available outside if you're wanting to hide from sun.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is a hidden gem in Chattanooga! This quaint coffee shop was a warm haven of goodness on an icy cold morning. They had healthy, delicious choices the whole family enjoyed! I felt like I had been welcomed into someone's kitchen!