All reviews full size refrigerator boiled eggs front desk two burner stove king studio room was clean marriott standards dining table fire pit waffles an extended stay small kitchen the breakfast area check in was easy two double beds nice property up to date
Reviewed 27 June 2016

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was well laid out. The facility appears to be fairly new. One odd feature is having the BBQ area right next to the main entry. When a large group is hanging out there, it just makes the entry and parking area seem too closed in.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2016

The location was about 9 miles from downtown Chattanooga but conveniently located to many major arteries to get one to dt, Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, etc. Plus we were close to several large box stores - Fresh Market, Walmart, Target, and several restaurants (some chain and some not). Rene at TownePlace was great! She was helpful in finding us directions and giving us a little history of the area. The rooms were studios and therefore, we had a kitchenette which was nice and gave you more options in case you did not want to go out to eat. The rooms were clean (did not have the heavy perfume spray like some hotels have) and they provided you with dish and dishwasher soap along with the other normal hotel standards.. They also had an onsite guest laundry. My only feedback is the only patio they had was next to the front entry which in itself was not bad except the smokers lived out there since the hotel was a non-smoking hotel. For a non-smoker you really did not want to sit out there due to the smoke. Overall, this was minor for us and when going back to Chattanooga I would stay here again.

Room tip: The hotel is tucked away from main streets so I think any room would be quiet from street noise.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Stayed for work and was surprised how nice it was. Its a new Hotel and has a mini kitchen with the things you would expect. Staff was friendly and had free breakfast for those who want that. I would stay again if in the area.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 2 June 2016

The Residence Inn across the parking lot was booked, so I stayed here. It's not the Residence Inn, but it was not designed to be. Both are owned by Marriott. The Residence Inn is more upscale. This TownePlace was fine for it's intended market. It is a bit spartan, the decor is a little funky for my taste, but it was good for a 2 week stay. The staff were excellent, the suite rooms are cleaned to Marriott standards, which are high. There is an included breakfast in the morning which was fine. Parking was convenient and sufficient. My largest complaint (which is minor) was being initially assigned to a disabled access room. While they serve their place, they are inconvenient for the rest of us. A complaint got me quickly moved to a less inconvenient room, but I should never have been placed there without asking if it would be OK. Overall, it was a pleasant stay and clearly up to Marriott standards. I can recommend this facility.

Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed 25 May 2016

I wasn't expecting much at the sub $100 corporate rate my hosts had obtained. Check-in was efficient and friendly, and I found myself in a spacious, immaculate room with two queen beds. There were towels aplenty, and lots of room to move around.

The kitchen had a two burner range top, regular sized refrigerator, microwave,and if memory serves a dishwasher. There was a full compliment of dishes, pots and pans.
Sleep comfort was good, the HVAC worked well.

On the down side, there was no shower gel in the amenity set. Breakfast was so-so. The sausage patties were quite good, but the peppered fried eggs were pretty lifeless. Bread yogurt and fruit were available. but selection was limited. Can't complain too much at the price.

I would not recommend the hotel if you are without a car. I thought about walking out for dinner but it was getting dark, the restaurants looked to be at least 1/2 mile away, and not much in the way of sidewalks. DiGiorno in the microwave.

Overall a pleasant stay, and a good value.

Date of stay: May 2016