All reviews stone fort inn terra mae private balcony boutique hotel gas fireplace hardwood floors warehouse row walk in shower breakfast was included visit chattanooga valet parking downtown area choo choo harrison matilda tubs earplugs
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I cannot describe how rude these people are. I booked through an agent and told the agent I had a child (and 7-month pregnant wife). I had to speak at a seminar, so my wife had to check us in. When my wife (without the assistance of a bellman) had gotten all our bags out of the car and her an my child were on the sidewalk, the lady ran out and said she and the child could not stay there because they did not allow kids. She said the website says this everywhere. It is not on the website anywhere, which says "great for family reunions." The only place it can be found is when you actually book, which does not pop up if you book through an agency. They made no exception and left my crying child and wife sitting on the sidewalk to gather all their items (without a bellman). There solution was not to make an exception, but to call a hotel out of the city and book it. No, they were not going to arrange a discount for the new hotel, and it took them an hour to call another hotel. Eventually I took the family to stay at a much nicer Courtyard Marriott with very friendly people. The no-child policy in Chattanooga is one thing, but a preference that I understand. However, how they handled the situation was really beyond me. I would never stay here - kids or no kids.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
L'Erin C, Manager at The Dwell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Mr. Rhodes,
I am terribly sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with how the situation was handled. First let me say that we have valet and bellhops on site to assist all of our guests upon arrival. Due to the nature of the hotel and it's vintage furnishings we have a no children under 12 policy. When there are any issues with a reservation, it is our policy first to try and make the guests more comfortable and then try and find other near by accommodations. We are an independent hotel but have partnered with Starwood for a reward program. When booking Free Night stays with other agencies it can be difficult sometimes and I apologize if our policies were not properly explained by the third party agent. I have reached out to Starwood to alert them of this instance so that they may follow up with their agents. I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope you enjoyed your time in Chattanooga.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I chose this place because I love boutique hotels and this definitely fits in the category. The old boarding house has been beautifully redone and every painting and pillow and plant is in the exact place. Great taste for decor. The day I went in the reception and valet parking boy were friendly and very helpful. Small details such as the chocolate cookies and welcoming drink were a nice touch.
There was a smell to the place which is not appealing to me. The night I was there, I stayed in room 36 and there was a screaching loud sound every 30min that woke me up throughout the night, so I spent a horrible night. When I mentioned it in the morning, a young blond guy agreed and had heard the sound. However, it was still happening at 11am when I was glad to checkout because I needed a good night sleep.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Wow! I can not say enough about how fabulous this hotel is! Upon arrival we were greeted by the valet who welcomed us and helped with our bags. Next the front desk welcomed us by name with a welcome cocktail. We were immediately taken to our room where he processed to go over all the amenities and make sure we were settled. If we needed anything, they were right on it! Did I mention this place is gorgeous!?! It's like your on the set of mad men. You have everything you need. The restaurant (Terra Mae) and bar (Matilda's) are both awesome and are just downstairs. You could go and never leave! We will back for sure!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017

From the moment we pulled up to the curb to the last sip of expresso with the complimentary, tasty breakfast on the second day, we could not have been happier with our stay at the Dwell. Everyone was graciously attentive, and friendly. The room was well appointed, artfully decorated and the bed comfortable. I hope to find another excuse to visit Chattanooga and stay at the Dwell Hotel.

Room Tip: look at online, there are photos of each room. We were on the street side but didn't notice any noise.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We stayed at the Dwell on July 21-22 and we are already planning our next visit. We absolutely love mid-century design so this was heaven. Everything is beautifully decorated and each spot is like a magazine cover. Our room was spacious and the bed was super comfortable. We loved all the special welcome touches and amenities. We enjoyed a cocktail in the trendy bar and the included breakfast was delicious while service was attentive. They have left out no details and all of the staff was super friendly. This is definitely my new favorite hotel - a New York vibe in Tennessee.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple