All reviewsstone fort innterra maeprivate balconyboutique hotelgas fireplacehardwood floorswarehouse rowwalk in showerbreakfast was includedvisit chattanoogavalet parkingdowntown areachoo chooharrisonmatildatubsearplugs
Reviewed 3 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a romantic night away. It was perfect! The hotel oozes charm and character. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous! The bed was large and overstuffed...super comfy. Every room has a whirlpool jacuzi tub for two. Some rooms have balconies with jacuzis...it just depends on your price point. We loved the fresh-baked cookies waiting for us after dinner. Breakfast was a lovely spread of cereals, oatmeal, croissants, fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, fresh juices, coffee, and tea. We were also given a chioce of quiche or eggs and bacon. It was delicious! The hotel is a bout a block away from the free shuttle service that takes you to many tourist attractions around the city. I would highly recommend this unique hotel to all my couple friends!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank danyabe
Reviewed 27 June 2009

My wife and I had visited Chattanooga in January to scout a trip with friends for April. We visited several hotels/inns and when we went to the Stonefort Inn we were shown around by James and given a hot cup of coffee on a cold January day. When we returned in April, we were not disappointed at all as Edie and James were perfect hosts and our friends complimented us on our selection of this inn. It is very convenient to the free electric bus system that travels between the Chattanooga Choo-Choo and the aquarium area. Suggestions for dinner were very good and a fine restaurant was in walking distance of the inn.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jekyll
Reviewed 23 June 2009

First let me say that I am a big foodie. The gourmet breakfast on Saturday morning is amazing. A wonderful dining room, service, and the food is amazing. The scones were my favorite. The Inn is nice, quaint, and I felt an overall great place to stay. It is kind of far from other downtown attractions such as the Bluff View Art District, North Shore, Aquarium, etc. Far is kind of a relevant term though. It's a 2 minute ride to get to all of that. I probably wouldn't walk it though.

It was my first time staying at a bed and breakfast. It was definitely a lot different then the major hotels I have stayed at. I had to go find the innkeeper when I wanted to check in. He was in a room doing something. Not a big deal though. The floors do creek a lot. I'd definitely be forewarned of that. Other then that it was interesting decor, atmosphere, and definitely felt like you were sleeping in somebodys home. The room was very spacious. I'm glad we went (especially for the breakfast). They also offered a wine/cheese hour on Friday night that we were not able to take advantage of because I was in a wedding.

Parking can be sketchy at best. There aren't a lot of spaces in their lot (or spaces that they own during the week).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coopergouge
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We stayed at Stone Fort Inn this second weekend of June. It was our second stay there. It had been 5 years since we last visited and we were not disappointed. We arrived on Thursday night. During check-in, I mentioned that I was a huge fan of their scones and that I had been looking forward to them. The innkeeper said that she was glad I said something because they only make them on the weekends. She said that she would make them. We went down to breakfast and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them on the table. Talk about customer service! The staff did a great job with recommending places to dine. We love the charm of the hotel and how each room is decorated uniquely. The only issue that I had (which I am a light sleeper) is that each morning around 6 a.m. the staff turned on the hall lights and the light came in through the transom our even though it had a valance covering it. So if you are a light sleeper, you may want to bring an eye mask. Otherwise...we'll be returning soon.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2009

WOW! My husband and I loved StoneFort Inn. We recently returned from a roadtrip all around Tennessee and really enjoyed our time here. The best part....a huge bathroom with a great whirlpool tub! The only downside was our mattress slumped down toward the middle of the bed. Because I could probably sleep through a hurricane, I had no problem with the mattress, but my husband didn't sleep very well.

The decor of the whole inn was absolutely gorgeous! I wish MY house was decorated this way.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple