“The charm of a B&B with the convenience of a downtown hotel”
Review of The Dwell Hotel

The Dwell Hotel
Ranked #27 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed 9 July 2009

The StoneFort Inn is a lovely B&B with comfortable public areas and a wonderful breakfast, both in the quality of the food and the service. Our room was very comfortable, with a cozy, tall, fluffy bed. Although the staff is small, our needs were always met quickly. The location is convenient to all downtown attractions, if you are a good walker. But, people with mobility issues could access the free downtown shuttle fairly easily.

Yes, the floors squeak and the rooms are not all uniform. It's a restored historic building. (If you are sensitive to noise, request a 3rd floor room when you book.) Yes, there is some street noise, and there is some exposure to urban conditions. It's downtown. Yes, you may have to wait a couple of minutes for assistance. The staff is small, but will attend to you as soon as they are free from helping other guests. Travelers looking for a uniform facility, free from quirks, and nearly complete isolation from other guests and staff should consider a large modern chain hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bagpipe_Mouse
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a romantic night away. It was perfect! The hotel oozes charm and character. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous! The bed was large and overstuffed...super comfy. Every room has a whirlpool jacuzi tub for two. Some rooms have balconies with jacuzis...it just depends on your price point. We loved the fresh-baked cookies waiting for us after dinner. Breakfast was a lovely spread of cereals, oatmeal, croissants, fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, fresh juices, coffee, and tea. We were also given a chioce of quiche or eggs and bacon. It was delicious! The hotel is a bout a block away from the free shuttle service that takes you to many tourist attractions around the city. I would highly recommend this unique hotel to all my couple friends!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank danyabe
Reviewed 27 June 2009

My wife and I had visited Chattanooga in January to scout a trip with friends for April. We visited several hotels/inns and when we went to the Stonefort Inn we were shown around by James and given a hot cup of coffee on a cold January day. When we returned in April, we were not disappointed at all as Edie and James were perfect hosts and our friends complimented us on our selection of this inn. It is very convenient to the free electric bus system that travels between the Chattanooga Choo-Choo and the aquarium area. Suggestions for dinner were very good and a fine restaurant was in walking distance of the inn.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jekyll
Reviewed 23 June 2009

First let me say that I am a big foodie. The gourmet breakfast on Saturday morning is amazing. A wonderful dining room, service, and the food is amazing. The scones were my favorite. The Inn is nice, quaint, and I felt an overall great place to stay. It is kind of far from other downtown attractions such as the Bluff View Art District, North Shore, Aquarium, etc. Far is kind of a relevant term though. It's a 2 minute ride to get to all of that. I probably wouldn't walk it though.

It was my first time staying at a bed and breakfast. It was definitely a lot different then the major hotels I have stayed at. I had to go find the innkeeper when I wanted to check in. He was in a room doing something. Not a big deal though. The floors do creek a lot. I'd definitely be forewarned of that. Other then that it was interesting decor, atmosphere, and definitely felt like you were sleeping in somebodys home. The room was very spacious. I'm glad we went (especially for the breakfast). They also offered a wine/cheese hour on Friday night that we were not able to take advantage of because I was in a wedding.

Parking can be sketchy at best. There aren't a lot of spaces in their lot (or spaces that they own during the week).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coopergouge
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We stayed at Stone Fort Inn this second weekend of June. It was our second stay there. It had been 5 years since we last visited and we were not disappointed. We arrived on Thursday night. During check-in, I mentioned that I was a huge fan of their scones and that I had been looking forward to them. The innkeeper said that she was glad I said something because they only make them on the weekends. She said that she would make them. We went down to breakfast and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them on the table. Talk about customer service! The staff did a great job with recommending places to dine. We love the charm of the hotel and how each room is decorated uniquely. The only issue that I had (which I am a light sleeper) is that each morning around 6 a.m. the staff turned on the hall lights and the light came in through the transom our even though it had a valance covering it. So if you are a light sleeper, you may want to bring an eye mask. Otherwise...we'll be returning soon.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple